Chapter 14

Jennie's POV.

My evening with Kai and his friends wasn't going great. First, there were six guys and just one girl except me, which made me slightly uncomfortable. And second, Kai wasn't really paying me much attention, he was mostly chatting with his male friends about some new things he bought for his car. To be honest, I wasn't even listening to him, I was just mindlessly sipping my drink slowly. Fortunately the karaoke started so at least I could enjoy listening to some music. In the middle of the second song I suddenly felt Kai's hand on my thigh. Wow, he barely talks to me all evening and now he just proceeds to feel me up just like that... I didn't say anything. I know I probably should have but... Shit, whatever, I just want to forget about my crush on Lisa. Kai leaned over and kissed me, I desperately wanted it to feel passionate about it but... it didn't do anything for me. Don't get me wrong, he was a very good kisser, it's just that it seemed so... mechanical. Is this even a good word to describe it? I don't even know.

"Do you want to go dancing?" he asked.

"Hell, yeah." I answered, glad that he finally came up with something nice.

We left the bar and headed to a club. It was filled with people eager to forget about their daily troubles on Saturday night. Just like me. I was relieved that Kai wasn't a complete mess at dancing like most guys, at least I could somewhat enjoy being with him on the dance floor. Maybe I could enjoy it more if he didn't keep trying to squeeze my butt all the time. I half-closed my eyes, trying to lose myself in a loud music and flashing laser lights when...

Lisa. Wait, is it really her or I'm so whipped that I'm just seeing her face everywhere?

No, it's her, I'm sure now, she's dancing with Minnie. Lisa's explosive body rolls are so hot that people glance at her all the time, wow, she's so awesome. I mean Minnie is a skilled dancer too, but Lisa is just... something else.

My heart skipped a beat when I realized how happy they looked together. It wasn't even their sensual dancing that bothered me, it was how they laughed and smiled...

It made me realize that I'm not getting over her, if anything my crush is getting stronger. Hell, I'm even jealous about her being close with a friend. I stopped dancing and looked at Kai.

"Listen, forgive me for being so blunt about it, but I don't think this thing between us is working out. I'm sorry."

I was kind of hoping that he'd be at least a little disappointed, but he just shrugged and said ironically:

"Thanks for wasting my time then." He turned around and returned to his friends, leaving me alone on the dance floor. What a jerk, why did I even want to go out with him?

I need a ride home. Should I ask Lisa? Absolutely not, she'll probably think that I'm stalking her or something. I'm lucky that she didn't see me.

I left the club intending to call for a taxi when I suddenly saw a familiar face.

"Jennie? What are you doing here?" a warm smile appeared on Irene's mouth.

"I was in the club, but... now I'm going home."

"Something bad happened?" she noticed my sad eyes.

"Yeah, the guy turned out to be a jerk."

"Don't worry, it's his loss." she said encouragingly and I immediately felt a bit better.

"Where's Seulgi?" I asked. Irene and her were a couple since I can remember.

"Oh. We... broke up. It's been two months already." she said and I could definitely sense that she was still hurting.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know..."

"I'm slowly getting over it. Do you need a ride?"

"Yes, thank god I met you!" I exclaimed with relief, smiling at her gratefully.