Chapter 22

Jisoo's POV.

Shit!!! Why didn't I keep my stupid mouth shut??? Now Rosé probably thinks that I'm bothered about her going on a date. Which I'm not. Certainly not. I just want her to be happy, okay? If she wants to go on that date then I'll support her... I swear I will. But she really doesn't seem too excited about it... maybe she doesn't even want to go...

Fuck, I need to stop kidding myself, of course she wants it, she agreed, right?

"Ugh!" I groaned.

"Yeah, I know what you mean." I heard Jennie coming out of the bathroom.

"So I see you didn't score last night, huh?" I asked teasingly and she gave me this weird look, a mix of annoyance and resignation.

"I swear, last night me and Lisa were this close to... making love." she said putting two fingers close together in front of my eyes. "And then she backed out."

"Making love? What's happening with you girl, since when do you call it that?"

"I don't know, I just can't say 'fuck' when it comes to Lisa."

"And since when you're interested in girls again, I thought that it was just a phase in high school?"

She shook her head.

"I'm not interested in girls, it's just Lisa who has this...bewitching effect on me."

"Tell me what happened."

"She said she's got a crush on me, but... you know Lisa, for her it's: love first, sex second. She really believes in it."

"And you?"

"I... respect it." she sighed. "But it makes me so unbelievably frustrated, I don't think I ever wanted someone this much. Seriously, after we almost did it last night I don't know how I'm even going to function. My body acts all crazy, I can't get her out of my mind!"

Jisoo chuckled.

"Jen, I don't know what to tell you... It's only going to get worse, I mean, you share a bedroom right? Soon you're going to be so horny that you won't be able to think about anything else. Do you want a pancake?"

She glanced at me sharply, surprised by my question.

"No, right now I just want one thing. And it's not eating."

"Well, it kind of is..." I smirked noticing that I managed to make her blush.

"Pervert." she commented with her face still red.

"Oh, come on, chill out, it was such an obvious joke. So, are you two going to talk or what?"

"I have no idea, everything got so damn complicated, I don't know what to do. I really don't have a fucking clue." Jennie paused, resignation painted across her face. "And Lisa is probably as confused as I am, she left me a note saying that she's going to come back very late today because, as she put it, 'she needs to seriously think things over.'"

"Jen, have you considered just forgetting about sex for a moment and starting from the beginning?"

"What do you mean?"

"Have you thought about asking her out? You could date and see what happens. Maybe it's not just a physical crush for both of you, maybe there's something more to it."

I noticed that my advice caught her by surprise.

"I... I always thought my crush was all about sex, I was so focused on it that I never saw past it."

"So what do you think now, how do you feel about dating her?"

"Date Lisa?" her eyes were stunned as if this idea indeed appeared in her mind for the first time. "It seems so strange..." she paused and took a deep breath. "It's kind of weird, but..." she paused again. "I feel... really good about it. Yeah, I want to try, I want to ask her out." she added in a more convinced voice, her eyes still startled by this unexpected realization.