Chapter 31

Rosé's POV.

"You still owe me something for the bet you lost." Jisoo looked at me with undisguised satisfaction.

"Yeah, I know, I know. What do you want?"

"We can go out for a burger. You pay for both of us. You're okay with that?"

"Really, you want go out to eat?"

"Yeah."

"Fine, we can go." I was slightly surprised. Jisoo wasn't exactly a fan of eating, she was always concerned about her weight, which she shouldn't be, because her figure is amazing. I wish I had her curves, her hips are so... What the hell, what am I even thinking about? Damn, I need to chill. Anyway, what surprised me is that she didn't choose something else. She could ask for a simple gift, like a plush toy... She's a grownup but she still loves her plushies so much, it's so sweet. I could think of a really nice stuffed bear which would be perfect for her... But she chose to go out to eat instead. I wonder why.

"So when do you want to go?" I asked.

"Right now?"

"Oh, okay."

We went to the nearest bar and I must admit we had a pretty good time together. We both ordered something to eat and drink, we talked and laughed a lot... There was no tension between us which was a great relief. Good thing that we had that talk the other day when we cleared things out between us and decided to be supportive friends for each other.

"Hahahaha!" I couldn't stop laughing at Jisoo's joke when we returned to our apartment. "That's actually quite funny, I didn't know this one!"

"I'm glad you liked it." she smirked. "And thanks for the burger, now we're even."

"No problem, and thanks for a nice evening." I said and... something about that sentence made me uneasy. Isn't it something that you say at the end of dates? But we weren't on a date, it was just... friends going out to eat. And then it struck me.

I enjoyed it way more than my dates with Tzuyu. What the hell? Yeah, it was true as much as I hated to admit it. With Jisoo, I can talk freely about everything, I can be at ease, I can... be myself. While on my dates I always control myself too much, I stress about every word, afraid of being judged... But I guess it's normal, right? Jisoo's my friend, it's natural that I feel comfortable with her... Hmm, but we haven't even known each other that long and yet I feel that we know each other so incredibly well.

"You have something here." she said, pointing to my left eye.

"Oh?" I tried to remove it.

"Let me." she approached me and looked closely at my face. Then she very carefully grazed my lower eyelid with her finger.

"There you are. It's gone." she said, but I barely heard her words, I was too absorbed by how intimate her touch felt. And by how close our faces were at the moment...

I don't even know who leaned in first, the next thing I remember is the exhilarating sensation as our lips gently pressed against each other. It wasn't one of those crazy, passionate kisses, we were kissing very shyly and timidly, but it still felt extremely meaningful.

Suddenly we jumped away from each other as we heard the door open. Lisa was standing in the door with a wide grin on her face, looking gleefully at our reddened faces.