Chapter 30

Jennie's POV.

"What? You're moving out? What the hell happened with you and Lisa, tell us right now!" Rosé demanded.

"Calm down, don't worry, we didn't fight. I just have to move out but I can't tell you why. Besides it would happen anyway in a week so it isn't even such a big deal." I tried to explain.

"Not a big deal?" Jisoo asked, surprised.

"Yeah. Guys, please understand and don't ask, okay? Maybe I can tell you why later. Or Lisa will tell you. Where is she by the way?"

"In your room."

I came inside and saw Lisa reading a book.

"Hi."

"Hi."

That was it. That's all we said before I began to pack my things. All the time I had a feeling that she was watching me. But every time I glanced at her she seemed concentrated on her book. Hmm, was I wrong about it?

It took me awhile but I finally finished filling up two big suitcases that I brought with me.

"Hey, what about this small vase? We bought it together." I asked.

Her face softened.

"Take it. I know you like it."

"But you like it too..."

"I want you to keep it." she interrupted me with a firm voice.

"Thanks..." I said, put the vase in the suitcase and closed it.

"Lisa, listen..." I tried to sound as empathetic as possible. "Don't call me, wait for me to call you, okay? I'll contact you when I'm ready, when... it will be safe for us to be just friends. I promise."

She nodded slowly and my heart sank a little seeing her big sad eyes. Shit, it's so damn difficult to leave. But there's no other option, it's the only way to make my feelings for her fade away.

"Last hug?" I offered, she got up and put her delicate arms around me. I felt her body tremble slightly. We stayed in a tight embrace for a time, perhaps longer than necessary. The sadness was slowly overwhelming me.

"Goodbye Lisa." I said and my voice broke. It took me a good moment to compose myself. "And one more thing, I have a gift for you, it will arrive tomorrow."

"A gift?"

"Yeah, it's a surprise." Damn. I can't stand it any longer, I have to get out of here or I'm going to cry. I hurried out of the bedroom and both Rosé and Jisoo hugged me together.

"Bye Jen, it was great living with you."

"I hope you and Lisa will solve your problems..."

Hmm, why do I get the impression that they're hugging themselves more than me? Weird. But I don't have time to even think about that. Damn it, I feel the tears coming, I have to go, quick! And just when I walked out the door the first tear fell down my cheek.