Chapter 20

Lisa's POV.

"You don't know?" I failed to hide my disappointment.

"Liz, I like you and you just admitted you like me... Don't you see how great it could be? Just imagine us together, making love..." Jennie's eyes darkened and her voice was low and sensual.

Oh god, she's right, we're a step away from something so amazing...

I noticed how her cat-like eyes were full of desire...and I felt that I'm faltering.

It has been so long since my body enjoyed the pleasure of someone's touch. And I missed it, as much I wanted to deny it, I missed it immensely. And now I am so close to being with a girl that I want... Just say yes Lisa, you're a grown up, just kiss her and let yourself be touched... kissed... loved...

Jennie's finger began to graze my thigh, up and down, it was an almost innocent touch, but my body's reaction was exceptionally intense. My breath became deeper and faster, I half-closed my eyes and I felt pulsating waves passing through my body. It already felt so good, but at the same time it longed for more, it craved more, it demanded more.

"Your body wants it... just listen to it..." she whispered.

Oh... god...

My body was no longer yearning for touch, it was screaming for it. What's wrong Lisa, what's stopping you from what could be the most thrilling and passionate moments of your life?

Just let yourself go, why are you hesitating?

My beliefs.

My whole life I believed in something, am I going to just to throw it all away?

No.

I just can't.

I pushed Jennie's hand away.

"Jennie, no. And if you really care about me, you'll understand."

She looked at me with a mix of compassion and disappointment in her eyes.

"I'll respect your decision whatever it'll be... But I can see you want it as much as I do and I just want you to be really sure about it."

"I already made up my mind." I got up, suddenly realizing how weak my legs feel. "You're right, my body wants it, but I can't just... abandon my whole belief system because of it. At least give me some time..."

She nodded slowly and simply said:

"Okay, Liz."

"Don't make me feel bad about it, please..." I asked and she looked at me in surprise.

"What? No, I don't want you to feel bad, really, if you're not ready, then I... accept it."

I went to the bathroom and repeatedly splashed cold water in my face. Then I looked at my reflection in the mirror, my pupils were still dilated and my breath was still slightly irregular. I guess my body won't calm down anytime soon. Damn, I already have doubts if I made the right decision. I could see how disappointed Jennie was, she tried to hide it because of me, but I definitely noticed it. Shit, it's going to be so awkward...

I returned to our room and Jennie seemed to be asleep, lying under a blanket on the floor. Yeah, just like me she also thought that sleeping in the same bed would be too weird.

"Tomorrow we'll switch and I'll sleep on the floor, okay?" I whispered and caressed her arm gently.

"Okay." I was relieved to see her smile lightly.

I sighed and I went to bed, knowing well that I won't be able to fall asleep for hours.