[two]

You know that feeling when you're on stage and everyone's eyes are on you, and you stand there praying you don't mess up your lines. That's how I feel every day... Everything terrifies me and this school only makes matters far worse.

I guess I've always been a loner at school, sure I have a few good friends, but nobody notices or knows me...the real me.
"Y/n!! Y/n!!!" I heard Aziel shouting my name down the crowded hall, as he pushed his way toward me. "Hey? What's the big fuss?"
"Oh sorry, I didn't mean to startle you haha..." he panted, swooping his long blonde fringe out of his eyes and propping his glasses back onto his nose,
"I'm so sorry about your brother, I know it must be tough for you, but I just want to let you know I'm always going to be here for you ok?"

The week before my brother had tried to end his life, luckily it failed. However seeing him hospitalised like that made my heart break.
"Hey it's fine, don't apologise it wasn't your fault! I just needed to take time of school... To ya know, recover"
"I completely understand! We better get off to class though it's getting sorta late..." He pointed his finger to the clock which read 8.25am. I hadn't even realised everyone around me had gone to class already, I was too focused. Before I knew it he grabbed my hand and pulled me down the corridor into our first class which luckily wasn't too far away...

We burst into the door.
"WHY ARE YOU TWO 5 MINUTES LATE?!" Aziel and i glanced at miss asshole and back at eachother...
"W-we were... Just in the bathroom."
"What, TOGETHER?!" Laughter filled the room which at least drowned out the awkward tension.
"Very funny jack, now I'll let it slide you two, but your assesments must be top notch." She added.

Pushing my bags under the small desk, I took my usual seat next to my old friend Rachel. We had known eachother for 5 years and practically did everything together. I've always wondered why she chose to be friends with me though. Of all people me? She was pretty popular and every boy liked her, I mean who could blame them she is kind, pretty, and just so sweet.
"Y/n. Y/n?" She whispered
"Huh?" My vision came back into focus as I saw her waving her hand Infront of my eyes.
"Oh hey sorry... Zoned out again"
"I don't blame you, geography class is the worst" she remarked
"I just wanted to say I'm sorry for what happened," she muttered under her breath.
"Oh it's ok, can we talk about it later? I can't hear what the teacher is sayi-"

"GIRLS!" Oh god... I thought, second time in a lesson and it's only been about 5 minutes
"Y/n... Of all people I thought you would have learned by now to not behave like this, I want a word with you at lunch break today" great just great...just what I needed on a day like today. I get I should focus more on lessons and I don't have the best reputation, but it's difficult to when my head is buzzing with bees.

• • •

Sure enough 12pm rolls around and everyone headed to lunch or to go to some clubs. Usually today I would be going to art club, but instead im heading to meet my geography teacher for "a word" or whatever that is supposed to mean. DT class had already been a pain today, I can't do wood work and managed to somehow get glue in my hair. So I was not looking forward to having my lunch time wasted. Gingerly placing my hand on the door i puckered up the courage to face my teacher. As I pushed open the door i said
"Hey miss, sorry about my behaviour I've been thr-"
"Oh yes hello y/n please wait outside I need to finish talking to this student."
God what a rude teacher cutting me off mid sentence like that.

I was getting impatient now, I was leaning against a radiator (which was pleasant at least) it made my back sweat. It had been 10 minutes since my teacher had told me to wait until she wanted to meet me... I doubt she is even coming now. I could just walk away and she would probably never know, I mean I could be eating my lunch right now?! I would also look like such a fool if I waited around for nothing.
"stuff it haha I'm leaving"

I made my way towards the canteen in hopes I could maybe find my friends somewhere, god knows where they dissapeared to. I took a quick peer behind me to make sure my teacher wasn't following me or something. Just rows of people sat on the sides of the corridor and one boy making a light jog towards me. Huh...weird what does he want I've never even seen him before. Nevertheless, I kept walking just incase he was headed somewhere.
"Hey!"
I felt a light tap on my left shoulder, not to my surprise it was that kid. His eyes were dark brown and he had a brace.
"Oh hey, can I help?" I asked
"Oh yeah, you needed to talk to your teacher right? I thought I should remind you incase you thought she forgot or something."
"Eh... I couldn't care I'll just tell her I forgot" that came out more bluntly then I would have liked it to.
"Hah good for you, wish I had the courage, well see you around" he remarked
"No! Wait, what year are you in... How come I've never seen you here before?"
"Oh I'm in I'm 17 almost 18 though...sorry I didn't introduce myself I'm Vic, I've been in this school a week so I'm reasonably new"
"Ah that makes sense, I'm y/n, it's nice to meet you" he was my age, I'd never had a new kid in the class before this would be interesting.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I hope this was ok ... Also I hope it's not too difficult to read lmao I tried :)