[twenty-six]

I stepped out of the airport and I was hit with the smell of fumes. Although the sun wasn't out, the heat wafted in my face like a wave. Instantly sound of honking horns from small tuktuks transporting people around the busy road. We were standing at the side of the dusty road and the bottom of my sweats were getting covered in sandy material already. People zoomed closely to us and quickly too.

"Right, so we need to get a ride to the hotel, so we can get there for tonight." It was around 7pm currently so we had some time.
"How are we gonna get there though?!" I replied to Vic shouting over the chatter of voices and purring of engines.
"I guess we will have to ride one of those things?" Vic pointed to a small can on wheels. It looked so cute but also sort of dodgey...
"One of THOSE-" I asked a little scared.
"Yeah don't worry we will pay for someone to drive us." He reassure me and patter me on the back.

Confidently he approached a man not much older than us... Maybe 18? And asked him how much it would be for a ride to our hotel. He showed him the hotel we were planning to go to on our phone. The driver looked very comfortable and familiar with the route and where we needed to go so we got ready. Vic and Jaime sat in the front seat with the driver, whilst Mike, Tony and I sat in a long seat facing backwards. There were no seatbelts just a metal bar to hold on to, preventing you from falling off.

"You ready everyone in?" The driver shouted.
"Yeah!" We all roared in return. I was ready for things to get exciting, eventhough this was all so new.

And with the positive response he poked his head round to check we were sat comfortably and turned the keys. The engine roared suddenly. I winced with the sudden loud sound but became accustomed to the sound eventually. We pulled out and started zooming down a long road. The country was nothing like I'd ever seen before it was beautiful. The houses were tall, with lots of bodged balconies. Everywhere you looked there were children smiling and laughing making the most of every moment. It brought such a smile to my face.

The trees were different too, as we weaved around motorcycles and cars it was hard to make out what type of trees they were, but they looked like banana plants and coconut trees at first glance.

My sweaty hands clung on tightly to the bad next to me as I wrapped my whole arm around it, making sure I was as secure as possible.
"You alright??" Mike yelled as he looked at my concerned expression.
"Oh yeah! I'm fine this is amazing" I said truthfully although I was just trying to cling on for my dear life.

The hot air flicked through my hair as we travelled quickly down the road. Vic wore a smirk as he looked back at me and I glanced him a nervous smile. He just chuckled and looked away again.

*
Slowly I'm stumbled off of the vehicle.
"Thank you!" I replied politely to the nice man who drove us to our destination. My head was spinning and I felt slightly dizzy from the journey, as I stood on the ground.
"You're welcome let me know if you need anything" he said nicely.
"No problem" I replied and we all stood there as we watched him zoom off into the town where we were staying.
"He seemed really nice" I said
"Yeah he did" Mike agreed with me.

We lugged our bags into the hotel where we would be stay for the next week. We had all booked a room together with 5 single beds. I didn't even know that was thing but apparently it was. We were on floor 10 at the top and we could see the whole city from where we were. It smelled humid.

We each had a key to make sure we could get in. Inside the room there were only 3 single beds and I was very confused. I pulled open the cupboard placed my clothes in there and snooped around the room. The bathroom was clean and a shower would be very nice right now as I felt dirty from all the travelling.

"How come there are only 3 beds. Looks like we will be sleeping on the manky carpet" Tony and Jaime looked at eachother and sighed.
"Looks like it" i replied as I sat on the foot of the clean white bed and kicked my feet off the ledge awkwardly.
"HUH- ohhh..." I realised what was happening. The back of my heels was hitting a tough object under the bed. I bent over and pulled out a matress. There was one under each bed but we only needed two so we slid them out.

"Oh that makes sense," Jaime looked relived.
"I'm just going to head to the bathroom ok guys, get yourselves set up." I said and locked myself in the bathroom.

Paranoid, I peered in the mirror a bit to make sure it wasn't a double sided mirror, eventhough I'm sure it wasn't and I wouldn't be able to tell. It made me feel more secure. I pulled out my phone and decided it would be a good idea to message my family on our shared group chat.

Y/n- hey guys! I'm here in Indonesia it's so beautiful and amazing. I miss you all already <3 I'm safe and in a hotel please reply soon Xxx

Dad- I'm so glad to hear darling!! Have fun and please be careful :p

Mum- miss you too x

Zach- have fun dumbass

I don't know how it happened but as I typed out the message I could feel my eyes water and I suddenly felt overwhelmed. I was 8000 miles away from home without my parents and I didn't feel prepared despite all the planning I had put into this very day. I panted heavily and stared at my red face in the mirror. I deep down knew I was safe, but this was such a new experience to me Im sure it was normal to have anxious thoughts.

What if something bad happens? I didn't even feel tired and I knew I would get no sleep tonight. I was so panicked and nothing had even happened yet. I took a deep breath and wiped my face to stop my eyes looking so bloodshot.

One I gathered my composure I laughed about how stupid this whole situation was and walked back out into the hotel room.
"What are-" I whitnessed all of them bouncing from each bed to the other. They pushed the spare matress in between each bed space. Tony's long hair was down and tripped over the edge of the bed and slammed his face into the matress on the floor. J bust into laughter. I remembered they are good people and I would be ok.
"See Tony u told you the mattresses would be a good idea" Mike looked proudly down at Tony's crippled body layed flopped on the floor.

"Y/n cmon join us-" they said as they saw me stood there stunned at the pure stupidity they had.
"What are you DOING" I cried and laughed so hard I coudln't contain myself my stomach ached.  And before I knew it Vic had tackled me to the matress on the floor as I playfully tried to push him off.
"Get off you idiot" I laughed and he just threw and blanket over my head and a few pillows and left me laying exhausted on the floor.

Slowly I pushed off the pile stacked on top of me.
"Thank you guys" I smiled.
"For what? Pushing you on the floor?!" Jaime laughed as he was not laying down on one of the beds.
"No I mean, just being nice and all. I've been kind of stressed and worried about this since we left and you guys just reminded me I am in safe hands." I said passionately.
"Well do course y/n we got to look after you I promised your brother so..." Vic said light-heartedly.
"What do you mean you promised my brother?" I laughed.
"Zach said these very words." Tony puffed up his chest and pouted his lips putting on a deep voice and wagged his finger in Vic's face.
"You better look after y/n. I don't want no stupid activities I know how you boys are" he then jumped off the bed he was stood on dominantly.
"hah of course he said that" I face palmed embarrassed.
"It's fine he just cares" Jaime smiled softly.
"I know he does" I laughed.

*

We didn't order food that night, we were a bit sick of traveling so instead we all just sat around and ate some crisps we had in our bags. The time was about 8pm now and due to her lag we all felt extremely tired.

"Guys I actually might fall asleep." I said as I yawned and snuggled deep into my duvet.
"Go for it" Jaime smiled
"But I don't wanna sleep unless you guys do I'm going to miss out" I said pouting.
"Oh shut up, we aren't doing anything interesting we are gonna watch a horror movie and that's it." Vic teased.
"Maybe I'll watch" it was just an excuse for me to get closer to Vic to be fair. I snacked on some pringles and oranges throughout the movie fighting back the heavy eyelids which kept pressing down.

Around 9pm I couldn't take it any longer and managed to drift away to sleep. I was relived to, I thought it would be a rough sleep but it was intact very comfortable.