[twenty-one]

Y/ns pov
.

.

.

I prepared myself for another day in my school, which I seemed to be bad at staying in. After running out of class the day beofre I knew I was in for a treat today. My parents didn't know that I had but oh well...

I slipped on a pair of black socks that were just above my ankles.

*

In maths class I was last in the class. I was about 2minutes late. Shyly, I pushed open the door and walked to my seat whilst the teacher read through names. I knew Vic wouldn't be in today which made the school day a little less interesting, but also a lot less stressful. I didn't want to have to deal with that just yet.

The teacher gave me a nasty look but didn't say a word as I think he knew what happens the day beofre.
"Good morning y/n" he just said in a stern voice. At least he wasn't attacking me.
"Hey sir... Sorry I'm late I had a lot of stuff to deal with" I said politely.
"That's fine I understand take a seat"
He was being oddly nice to me. I was relieved to say the least.

A few minutes into the lesson I was sat on a table with Rachel and Jack as usual. They were sat next to eachother with their fingers locked together, they had been dating for the past week... It amazed me because Rachel seemed to hate him so much before? But maybe his nonsense got to her.
Don't mention it. Don't mention it. Don't mention it. I repeated.to myself as I hoped Rachel or jack wouldn't say anything weird about yesterday.
"So y/n..." Jack said
"Uhm yeah?" I asked as I began to worry.
"So I heard about what happened yesterday."
"Of course you have. Who in this school hasn't?!" I asked
"Everyone does. But you didn't seriously help that son of a bitch did you?" He questioned ignorantly.
"Well... Yeah?! What was I gonna do let him sit there and die?" I said hoping to snap some common sense into him.
"I mean. Yeah but he doesn't deserve you." He said.
"He's got a point, I'm glad you helped him but he is just attention seeking." Rachel added to the conversation.

"Rachel you have to be kidding me... He was going to die you realsie that right???" I asked dumbfounded.
"Yeah bu-"
"Shut up. No buts. That's it I helped him. I'm not letting your bullshit words get to me this time." I said implying to her how stupid her idea was.

They fell silent as they searched for words to say but they didn't say anything. It made me a bit annoyed how the first thing they did when they saw me was criticise me. Honestly, it was mainly jack, but Rachel didn't exactly stop him oh well.

Throughout the lesson I heard people mutter my name from time to time which was honestly expected, because this was the most exciting thing to happen in this school in the last 10 years.

It was nearing the end of the lesson which dragged on too long. It was only another 15minutes then I would be free to go to. Geography. Wonderful.

Suddenly I heard a crackle come form the old speakers in the school roof.
An old posh man's voice said
"Hello, sorry for the interruption, but could y/n l/n please make her way to the head teachers office. Thank you"

I was shocked I'd never heard my name on the speakers before. Everyone's heads spun to stare at me as I shrunk back into my chair embarrassed.
"Ooooh..." They all said in unison shocked. I rolled my eyes as I really didn't want to have to waste my time there, but it might be a bit better than geography class so I packed up my stuff and left.

Slowly, I made my way down the corridor toward the office I had only a faint clue of where I was going, because I had never been to the head masters office before. I was wondering what they were going to talk to me about, they for sure weren't going to praise me I knew that.