[twenty-two]

Vic's pov

.

.

.

Patiently I sat on the sofa waiting for y/n to arrive. She usually would only take around 5minutes to get here so I didn't make myself toobcomfortable. I sighed as even school was more interesting than doing nothing hanging around in my house all day.

*Knock knock* I slowly pushed my aching body off the sofa and opened the door. I was greeted by y/n wearing a long back flowey skirt and a baggy shirt. But she wasn't wearing her usually beautiful smile.
"Come in"

We headed up to my bedroom and I grabbed my acousic guitar and sat down gracefully on my bed. Gently, I tapped the empty space next to me asking her is she wanted to sit there. She sat down comfortably.
"Vic what are we doing?" She asked concerned.
"You said you wanted a space in the band right you want to come on tour right?" I wondered.
"I guess yeah..." She said shyly and glanced at her feet shuffling on the carpet floor.
"You know the song besitos I wrote?"
"Mhm?"

"How about you sing the female voice in that because we desperately need that for some live performances and I'll be the judge?" I said calmly.
"AHH I'm not so sure..." She articulated.

"Trust me I'll sing with you." I smiled softly and she returned a one which looked forced and painful. She looked so stunning with one though. I began to play a soft acoustic version of the song, with a steady beat. I sang slowly starting with the first verse.

"A drowning boy with no voice prays someone up there's telling me
You better not get back up,
Spit my heart into this red cup and pick it back up it might ruin you mind."

I used to be terrified of singing Infront of people but it seemed more comfortable now knowing her and after shows you just get used to it. I watched her mentally prepare herself to sing, I know how she felt she looked anxious. I was worried it was too much pressure of to difficult for her aswell, but something was telling me she was going to be really good.

"And she said" I sang. I looked at her as she muttered up the courage to sing. Her hands were clasped in her lap and she shuffled them around anxiously, they looked rather clammy but it was expected because she looked concerned.

"Baby leave the water by the bed for later, I woke up without a single drop."

She sang more confidently then I expected. Her tone was practically perfect and her voice felt like sand it was raspy yet flowed smoothly. I stopped strumming my guitar and placed my hands over the buzzing strings.

Anxiously she looked around confused.
"Uh... Sorry hah..." She said blushing shyly.
"S-SORRY?! FOR WHAT?!" I laughed happily.
"I... I'm not sure?" She said awkwardly laughing.
"Y/n that's was so good I'm not even kidding. You did that beautifully! You're voice is so soft and sweet!!!" I laughed and put my guitar on the carpet next to me.
"You really think so?" She said shuffling in her seat. I could tell she didn't quite know how to take the compliment.
"Yeah of course I really think so." I said as we locked eye contact.

"We desperately needed a female, well I mean I could have done those parts myself.... Buuuuttt.... It's better with a female." I smiled cheekily.

"You're a dumbass Vic" she laughed and began to blush. I did too. I was so thankful that we could be close again, I'd really missed it. The tension formed quickly around us so I suggested that we grab a snack and discuss the details of the tour.

We ran down stairs quickly as everyone in the house was out. I stumbled over a few steps almost knocking myself down the whole flight. And u sprinted into the kitchen we both laughed as we went. I decided to grab a pot of blueberries and I swilled them off under the tap as y/n began to ask me.