[twenty-four]

Y/ns pov
.

.

.

My eyes shot open as I lay comfortably in my bed. I layed there as I realised I had dreamed vividly about traveling and meeting Vic in Indonesia. It was getting to me.

Fatigued, I raised my arm and turned on the beside lamp with perched on an overhead shelf above my bed. Glancing across the room, the time read 2.30am. Usually on a day like this I would still be awake, wiriting painting and doing other things. So waking up now felt odd.

I was dissapointed that I woke up 30 minutes before my alarm, I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep again so I took it in me to get up out of me bed and get ready.

I stretched out my limbs and took a deep breath slowly, staying quiet as to not wake up my brother in the opposite room to me. As I blinked my eyes furiously to clear my vision I slipped on my outfit I prepared the night before, and double checked I had packed everything I needed. My bag, passport, money and phone were my priorities so I left them on the side.

The kitchen was oddly quiet, I slowly switched on the light to prevent the clicking sound of it. Tiptoeing silently though the kitchen I placed a bowl of porridge in the microwave. The droning sound of the microwave went on until I stopped it one second before the end. It's like a fun challenge I set myself everytime.

I turned off the light and sat in the kitchen eating my porridge.

Suddenly I heard a click of a switch. I jolted up. My dad was standing in his night gown, squinting his eyes from the light he just turned on.
"Why are you sat here in the dark eating-" he said in a raspy voice concerned. I paused.
"Uhm... I didn't want the light to wake you up." I spluttered.
"Oh uh... Sure anyways what time are you leaving, I want to be there to see you off." He said politely. I glanced at my phone to check the time.
"In 30minutes actually."
"Ok you better get ready then."

Placing my dirty bowl in the sink, I quickly walked back to my room to brush my teeth and gather my stuff. I felt more awake now, the excitement and and anxiety made my limbs feel static.

As I grabbed my bags put them on I looked back at my homely room one last time and shut the door. I sneaked into my brother's room and gave him a small forehead kiss beofre leaving him to sleep.

I stood crossing my arms outside of my house. I texted Vic to make sure he was still going to be picking me up or that he hadn't forgot. Of course he hadn't but I like to make sure. The sky was clear and the starts shone through the dark sky like pinholes in a black blanket. My dad stood next to me we were freezing in the cold breeze. Everything was so still and silent.

After a few minutes I heard a cars wheels crunching on the gravelly road. It's headlights shone directly onto our driveway, where we were both waiting.
"I think that's them" I said sadly to my dad.
"Ok baby I love you have a great time and message me everyday." He pulled me into a super tight hug and I felt hot tears warm up my cold cheeks.
"I will dad" I replied sadly.
"My little girl is all grown up now I see" he said cheesily. I just cringed and laughed as I saw the car pull up next to where we were standing.

Vic peered out of the backseat and rolled down the window. I could barely make out his silhouetted face smiling at me.
"Bye dad I'm gonna miss you" I said finally as I placed my hand on the door.
"I'm going to miss you too" he said and I sat in.

The car pulled away and it all felt to real. I stared back and him and waved sadly. Mike sat on my right and Vic on my left. I was wedged in between the both of them.
"Don't be said y/n I promise you're going to love it" Vic's mum reassured me.
"I'm sure I will, it's just a bit weird right now" I laughed.
"I'm sure it is"