29 : The Repercussions

Give me a reason to live - Gigs

-----

Gigs

We will ride a ship going to Palawan. We were about to leave when my father called me because of an emergency in the company. Fuck it! Aalis na nga kami tapos pinapatawag pa ako ni papa sa kumpanya. Nagpaalam naman ako kahapon sa kaniya.

" Pa paalis na kami. Kailangan ba talaga nandiyan ako" I was already cursing as I was hearing my father speak in the other line.

" Yes son. We lost 1 billion from the company. Why did you not see this before hand? Kailangan pang ako ang magpuna dito?" What the fuck! 1 billion! I've checked the accounts of the company yesterday. At walang nawawalang pera ang kumpaniya.

" I need you in the company now, Son. You have to fix this. One billion is not a joke to start with" I sensed anger in my father's voice.

" May problema ba?" Iza asked me. Ayokong ipakita sa kaniya ang inis ko sa papa.

" Just a minor problem in the company. Babe, can we go there for a while. Ako na bahala sa ticket natin. Ipapamove ko nalang. Kakausapin ko iyung kinuhanan natin." I told her. Ayoko siyang iwan dito.

" Hindi okay lang. Hintayin nalang kita sa barko. Kung oras na ng pag-alis at wala ka pa, bababa nalang ako" She said. Pero ayoko parin siyang iwan.

" Babe sumama ka nalang please. Baka kung ano pang mangyari dito." I begged but she shook her head.

" Sige na. Kaya ko naman. Eto talaga napakapraning mo. Hihintayin naman kita dito. Hindi ako aalis ng wala ka pangako" She promised. I pulled her inmy arms and hugged her tight.

" Babe hintayin mo ako ah. Mabilis lang ako" I kissed her on her forehead before leaving.

I hated to leave her like that. Tinignan ko palang siya habang paalis ako ay gusto kong bumalik at manatili nalang sa tabi niya.

Fuck!

I drove fast going back to the company but I really want to curse multiple times when I got stuck in a traffic! Putangina!

I gazed at the time. Alas nueve na. Tangina talaga! Alas singko ang biyahe namin ni Iza.

I tried to call my father to tell him that I can't be in the company but he wasn't fucking answering his phone.

Bullshit!

Ang tagal umusad ng trapiko. I am not a patient man but with Melissa, I have learned to be one.

Halos liparin ko na nga papuntang kumpaniya ng umusad ang trapiko. The fuck is that fucking 1 billion! Sinong gumalaw ng pera ng kumpaniya!

I held the steering wheel tighter as I suppressed my anger.

Nagmaneho pa ako ng halos sampung minuto bago ako nakarating sa kumpanya. I almost ran going to my office. Tangina talaga!

I was greeted by some board of directors the moment I entered the room.

My father was there and so with my mother.

" Kailan niyo nalaman pa?" I asked him right away.

" Just an hour ago. Kaya nga kita pinapunta agad. Son, the money had been missing since yesterday. Bakit hindi mo ito nakita? You should have seen that ahead of time. Now we are all here to settle that account" My father's tone is not good. Kung galit siya, masgalit ako. Who the fuck would even steal a billion from a company that's been barred when it comes to economic matter.

" That's why I'm here Pa. And who the fuck could even dare to steal a billion from the company when in fact it's only you and me who knows damn well the codes when it comes to that matter" Sumbat ko sa aking ama. I clenched my fist.

" I am leaving for Palawan with my girlfriend today. Our trip is at 10 and I left her just for this fucking problem! Why did this happen exactly now!" I shouted to all of them.

" Mr. Zariaga! Why did you not do your job!" I am fuming mad at everybody right at the moment.

" I-I did not check this out ahead of time Mr. Hans" What the fuck is he saying! That's not the answer that I fucking wanted to hear!

" Then you are not doing your job! You're fired!" Bullshit! These people are all bullshits!

" Sir-"

" Leave the room Mr. Zariaga and hand me a report of your incompetency right fucking now!" Everybody was shocked seeing me this mad. Because I am mad!

" And you! What is your job!" I asked another man standing beside my mother.

" None sir"

" Then why the fuck are you here! Get out of the room! Now!" I shouted.

" Son would you calm down first" How the fuck will I calm down.

Iyung girlfriend ko mag-isa dun dahil iniwan ko para dito. Sino ang hindi magagalit nun?

" Dad did you tell anyone the codes?" I asked my father

" No I didn't. Kaya kita pinatawag dahil dito" I clenched my fist as I stared at each person inside the room.

" We have a mole inside the room. And who the fuck is that motherfucker!" I shouted once more.

" Walang magsasalita! I will fire all of you if no one will speak!"

" Mr. Hans I just received a news" My secretary entered the room.

" What is it, Ms. Constancia"

" Please turn on your television. We have a commotion at the ferry" My secretary voiced out. I immediately turned on the television and had my world crash right before my eyes when I saw the ship where I left Iza on fire.

Napahawak agad ako sa dibdib ko habang nakatingin sa nasusunog na barko.

I shouted in so much anger and pain as I look at everybody in the room. The pain was slowly penetrating my whole system like a sharp knife.

I did not speak a word.

And right at that very moment, I suddenly saw my death with my own eyes as the newscaster mentioned the names of those passengers who were included on the list of casualties.

And my girlfriend's name was announced and was proclaimed dead right infront of my own eyes.

-----

Updated : May 16, 2020 Saturday 9:30 PM