☾︎

Performance

☽︎

• ────── ✾ ────── •

It was yet another sleepless night for Jun. The boy couldn't put his eyes together as Soonyoung's last words repeated themselves in his head.

Not that he was bad at dancing but he wasn't a professional either. He only danced in his free time and away from everyone else. And if it wasn't for that video he shot only for himself and for his mom, he wouldn't be laying in room 527 right now.

I hope she's right..

And with those thoughts occupating his anxious mind, Jun lied in his bed, only Minghao's quiet snores keeping him sane.

Morning came quicker than he wanted. As early sunlight peeked from a corner of the window, Minghao's alarm went off. Jun immediately dug under warm covers, pretending to be asleep. He watched as the younger groaned and tried shutting the screeching alarm but failed miserably and rolled off the bed. Jun saw how Minghao instantly looked to the older's side and sighed in relief that he was asleep.

Meanwhile the older could barely hold back laughter..

"Such a graceful swan in the morning," he joked.

Minghao blushed furiously.

"Oh shut up!" He grabbed the nearest shirt and locked himself in the bathroom.

Jun couldn't remember what went after until he felt someone gently shaking him.

"Rise and shine~"

He slowly opened his eyes and was met with a pair of dark orbs staring back at him softly.

"You look cute when you're asleep.."

"What?" Jun yawned.

Minghao shook his head and retreated. That's when Jun noticed he was wearing a different outfit than in the early morning.

"What time is it?"

"11:34," the other answered.

Jun jumped out of the bed, cursing loudly.

"Nononononoー"

Still murmuring no's under his breath, Jun grabbed some clothes and ran to the bathroom. He came back in five minutes to grab some underwear.

"Did he spend whole five minutes only to realize he doesn't have underwear..?" Said Minghao to himself.

"He must be really stressed out.."

When Jun finally came out - this time with full clothing - Minghao caught him by his hand and forced the boy to stop.

"Why are you so nervous?"

Jun took a deep breath.

"Because I don't know if I'm even good enough to be here, I'm afraid of dancing in front of people, I didn't even agree to this andー"

"You must be good enough if you're here," Minghao interrupted as he looked straight Jun in the eyes with a serious expression.

"This school only takes the best people. If they saw talent in you, then you obviously have it. All you need to do is trust yourself."

The younger's words surprised Jun. He suddenly felt much calmer..

"But if it's Soonyoung hyung we're talking about then I wouldn't let my guard down that easily," he added with a playful wink, earning a glare from Jun.