²⁰

☾︎

Together

☽︎

• ────── ✾ ────── •

It was finally the big day everyone was waiting for. Just like every other morning, Minghao woke up from the annoying screeching alarm of his phone. He tried turning it off as soon as possible, so that the boy next to him wouldn't wake up too early. Jun never joined Minghao's morning runs, although the younger tried numerous times to drag his boyfriend outside.

The older was sleeping peacefully even after Minghao came back and took a shower. The silver haired boy giggled as Jun dug into the feathery covers when Minghao tried waking him up.

"Rise and shine~"

An irritated groan emitted from under the covers as Minghao jumped on the older, rolled comfortably into a thick soft cocoon.

"You're.. suffocating.. me.." Jun breathed out heavily and was greeted by a bright smile as soon as he opened his sleepy eyes.

"Get up, it's today!" The younger exclaimed joyfully.

Jun immediately understood what 'today' meant and jumped out of his bed faster than a launching rocket.

"Why didn't you wake me up earlier?!" The boy asked anxiously as he searched for some clothes.

"You think that would've been easy?" Minghao pouted, handing the other his shirt.

"No~"

The younger rolled his eyes and was about to say something back when the door opened with a loud bang and Soonyoung ran inside.

"Do you know what day it is?!"

"No, let me just check my calendar real quick," the younger answered sarcastically, earning a punch from Soonyoung.

"Let's meet at twelve o'clock for the last quick rehearsal, 'kay?"

And with that, Soonyoung flew out of the room.

"He sure is energetic today.." Minghao mumbled as he rubbed his arm where the punch landed and turned to Jun.

"Is your mom coming to our performance?"

The older smiled widely.

"Of course! I can't wait to see her reaction.. And yours?"

Minghao's expression visibly darkened as he shrugged.

"If they have enough time, maybe.." He sighed.

Before Jun could say something, the younger had already put on a bright smile.

"Don't worry. I don't want my mood to be ruined. Let's just forget about it, okay?" Minghao said as he planted a soft kiss on Jun's cheek.

The next few hours went past like a tornado and soon the boys found themselves waiting for the announcers to start the event. Jun could barely wait for the show to begin. In fact, he was even more excited than half of the students. But just when announcer invited the first group on stage, nerves got the best of him and the boy ran out of the waiting room.

It wasn't hard for Minghao to find the older sitting on top of a toilet in a bathroom stall, hugging his knees as he hummed a quiet melody to calm himself down.

Without saying a word, the silver haired boy engulfed Jun in a warm bear hug. After less than a couple minutes, the older looked up to Minghao, his cheeks slightly pink from embarrassment.