¹⁵

☾︎

Thirty seconds

☽︎

• ────── ✾ ────── •

"Hao, wait!"

Upon realizing what he had done, Jun jumped on his feet and ran off after Minghao. However, when he got out to the hallway, the younger boy was nowhere to be seen amongst the crowd of students.

Jun had to push through piles of sweaty and drunk bodies until he escaped from the crammed corridor. He tried looking in the bathroom but there was only a random couple making out inside, so Jun rushed down to the first floor, thinking the younger probably went downstairs.

Due to the lack of light and dozens of people, his eyes couldn't spot any familiar figures and only after good ten minutes, Jun finally saw a glimpse of Jisoo's pale blue shirt.

The boy hurried towards the older and waved but Jisoo couldn't see him. Just when the music got a little quieter, Jun heard Jisoo's sweet voice shouting something incoherent through the crowd. Curious about what was happening, Jun swam across the pool of people to Jisoo's direction.

He didn't expect to see the older boy going from person to person and handing out paper cups of see-through liquid while holding a huge bottle of water.

"Hyung!" Jun tried getting the boy's attention but the latter was too busy to hear him.

At last Jun successfully caught the older when he was refilling his water bottle in the kitchen.

"Hyung, did yー"

"Drink water." Jisoo cut him off in an emotionless voice and shoved a glass of water into Jun's hand.

"Thanks but.. I'm looking fー"

"Not alcohol," the older interrupted again with a serious face.

"Got it. Now did you see Minghao?"

Suddenly Jisoo's expression changed and he flashed a bright smile.

"Oh, couldn't recognize you in the dark, Junnie," he spoke sweetly.

Unfortunately, Jisoo didn't see nor Minghao, nor anybody else from their friend group. He himself was looking for Jeonghan and judging from Jisoo's dangerous tone, his boyfriend was going to be sorry for leaving him alone in a middle of the party..

"He was supposed to hold the second bottle.." Jisoo pouted as he walked away.

Jun had lost count of how many blonde guys did he mistook for Minghao, and although none of them actually resembled the younger, Jun didn't want to miss anyone. Eventually people started recognizing him and throwing various comments behind his back. But the boy didn't care that he was being weird. His only goal was to find Minghao.

The boy was beginning to hate himself. Why was it so difficult for him to just say what he'd wanted to since..

Jun couldn't quite figure out when exactly did he start having those thoughts, but the fact they were confusing him was undeniable.

As he passed by a big window, it suddenly dawned upon him where Minghao could be. After pushing through some more people and receiving a few angry punches back, Jun ran outside to the backyard. It was surprisingly empty and quiet. At first Jun couldn't get a glimpse of anything, yet after his eyes got accustomed to the sudden darkness, the boy spotted a familiar figure sitting on a rock platform near the house.