²¹

☾︎

Forever

☽︎

• ────── ✾ ────── •

"Junnie, would you please hurry up! You've been stuck in the bathroom for the last twenty minutes.."

"I can't find my tie," a muffled voice called from behind the door. Minghao just rolled his eyes.

"For your information, ties are usually held inside the closet. Are you looking for the silver one?"

The doors creaked open a little.

"Do you have it?"

"Right here," Minghao sighed, handing him the tie.

"And hurry up. As much as I love you, there's no way I'll be late to my best friends wedding," the younger added as he walked outside, not forgetting to say a temporary goodbye to Lucky, who was lying comfortably in an armchair.

Minghao had already started the car when Jun came running down their cozy little house's patio and flew inside the vehicle.

"I'm ready!" He exclaimed happily.

"Did you take the presents?" Minghao asked, knowing the answer very well.

"The presー Oh no, I'll be right back," the older was about to step out of the car when Minghao stopped him.

"Don't worry, I'm just teasing. They're on the backseat as I knew you'd forget them anyways," he giggled and rolled the car onto the street.

"Did you lock the door?"

"What door?" Jun asked, blinking innocently and receiving an immediate glare from the other.

"Relax, now I'm joking. Although I truly don't remember.."

After a few more minutes, the couple was finally ready to hit the road. The trip didn't last long and it surely wasn't boring as the two talked through almost all of it, reminiscing about not so old times.

"I can't believe it's been eight years already since we've graduated.." Jun sighed with a soft smile.

"I can't either. You're still a child," the younger scoffed jokingly, earning an eyeroll from the man beside him.

"And you know what else is strange?"

"Hmm?" Minghao hummed, not taking his eyes from the road.

"That all that time we successfully managed to keep Lucky a secret. I seriously thought you were gonna give us away that time when he ran outside to the hallway," Jun stated and the younger agreed with a chuckle.

They arrived to the venue just in time like Minghao planned and were immediately greeted by tired-looking Jeonghan.

"Finally you're here," he sighed, wiping the sweat from his forehead and tousling his now short hair.

"He's been in a panic mode ever since Mingyu oh so graciously reminded him of that one time Jihoon had rejected his proposal in middle school," he groaned in annoyance.

"Now why would he do that.." Minghao sighed and rushed to the room where a few other friends were trying to calm Soonyoung down.

"Minghao oh my gosh help me I think I'm about to faint for heaven's sake Iー"

Soonyoung's words became muffled as his face hit the younger's jacket and got buried into the cloth. After letting out a sigh, Minghao grabbed his best friend's shoulders and forced him to hold eye contact.