¹⁹

☾︎

Déjà vu

☽︎

• ────── ✾ ────── •

As soon as Jun walked out of Wonwoo's room, everyone's eyes turned to him. The boy smiled and nodded his head, reassuring the others that everything was alright. He then motioned Mingyu to go inside and no words were needed for anyone to understand it was time to leave the two alone.

"How is he?" Seungcheol whispered in Jun's ear after Mingyu disappeared behind the door.

"Besides confused and worried, he's fine. Although I'm not sure what Mingyu will say after he sees the room.." The younger said jokingly and giggled to himself, already imagining Mingyu's reaction.

Jun looked around as he suddenly remembered someone but the person he was looking for was no longer in sight. The boy was about to leave when Soonyoung caught him.

"Don't forget, we have practise in fifteen minutes!" He reminded cheerfully and skipped away.

Jun expected to find Minghao present in their room but to his disappointment, the younger was nowhere near. He sighed and began to change his clothes, petting bored and thirsty for attention Lucky from time to time.

The boy desperately needed to talk to Minghao but at the same time he was extremely nervous. The thought of messing things up even more was constantly entering his mind and making him anxious.

He became worried when the three of them stood waiting in the dance hall and Minghao still wasn't showing up.

"Where is he? We're already behind our schedule," Soonyoung mumbled after looking at the watch for a twentieth time.

Jun was about to go look for his roommate when suddenly the hall doors opened and Minghao walked in, wearing his favourite pair of red shoes..

The practice went better than any of them expected. Jun was surprised to see Minghao interact with him during the dance and when it was finally time for a break, the boy decided to approach him.

"H-Hey.."

"Hi, hyung," the younger greeted with a faint smile.

The atmosphere became awkward as neither knew what to say.

"So.. You're not mad at me anymore?" Jun asked carefully.

"Why would I be mad?" Minghao laughed.

"Well, I thought.."

Jun was utterly confused. First the younger gave him a cold shoulder and now everything seemed just like before. However, something about the way Minghao laughed and smiled so cheerfully as if almost faking his emotions, made Jun feel a bit uneasy.

"What?" The younger tilted his head to the side as he looked at the other with those big innocent eyes and Jun swore he felt a swarm of pigeons erupt in his stomach.

"Nevermind.."

The awkwardness came back again and just as Jun was about to say something to Minghao, Soonyoung yelled from the other side of the hall that the break was over.

"Listen, Hao.. I have something to tell yー"

"Maybe later, okay? Soonyoung's already mad at me because I didn't show up on time," Minghao interrupted and walked away, leaving Jun all by himself.

"Hyung, you're coming or not?" Chan yelled as Jun stayed frozen in place.

"Uh.. yeah."

Throughout the rest of their practice, Jun couldn't focus anymore. He kept messing up the tempo, the hand movements and missing the beat. It seemed like Minghao was out of focus too as he kept mixing up the moves. Finally, Soonyoung had enough.

"I never thought it'll come back to this but.."

He grabbed his jacket and a water bottle and motioned Chan, who already knew what was about to happen, to follow him. Before the other two could realize, Soonyoung took out a key and locked the dance hall door.

As the realization finally hit them, Minghao suddenly fell on the floor laughing.

"Seriously? Again?!"

At first Jun was scared for the younger's sanity but then memories came rushing through his mind and soon the two were laughing together.

"I hope he doesn't forget us here this time as well.." Minghao muttered under his breath once they calmed down and sat on the floor.

"I wouldn't mind that since you're here too," the older said in a cute baby voice, cringing at his own words.

Minghao's cheeks instantly turned pink.

"So, tell me about yourself," Jun asked out of a sudden.

The younger's eyes widened a bit from the unexpected question but it quickly changed to a playful smirk on his face.

"My name is Xu Minghao, I'm seventeen. I like painting and animals.. And I love Chinese food," he said as the two boys laughed at their own memory, which they just relived.

"Now tell me something about you," Minghao added as he turned to look at Jun and was instantly met with the other's glistening eyes.

"Don't tell this to anyone but.."

Jun leaned closer to the younger as he whispered into his ear. Minghao shivered from a faint touch of the older's hair gently tickling his cheek.

Only then did Minghao notice how small the distance was between them. The boy couldn't hear anything other than his own heartbeat echoing in his eardrums as Jun pressed their foreheads together. Minghao closed his eyes, trying to calm down his wildly beating heart and a familiar annoying fluttering in his stomach when he suddenly felt something soft and sweet pressing onto his lips.

Electricity rushed down his spine once Minghao realized what was happening. The boy began to feel dizzy once Jun's fingers got tangled in his silver locks and tears started to form in the corners of his eyes as Minghao kissed the other back. It felt as realistic as a dream but the boy knew he wasn't imagining when Jun pulled him into a secure warm hug.

"Sorry it took me this long to realize," Jun whispered and Minghao couldn't hold his tears back anymore.

"Don't do this again.. I don't wanna wake up.." He sobbed quietly, still refusing to believe it.

Jun let out a breathy chuckle as he pinched the younger's cheeks.

"Does it still feel like a dream?" He asked, earning a faint nod from Minghao as the younger boy hugged him again.

They sat down in each other's embrace, enjoying the warmth and cozy silence surrounding them. The sky was slowly turning into a dark shade of crimson and a faint pale outline of the moon appeared above their heads.

"Wanna finish the choreo?" Jun asked quietly after some time.

"Nah, I'm good.." The younger answered sleepily.

"But Hao.."

"I don't wanna get up!" The silver haired boy mumbled and clutched stronger onto Jun's shirt.

"If we finish earlier, I'll buy Chinese food for you," the older muttered in Minghao's ear.

"As tempting as it sounds, I don't wanna let go of you.." Minghao explained. After hearing the older chuckle, he immediately got embarrassed and hid his face in Jun's chest.

"In that case we can share a bed later but right now let's finish our practice," the older said as he winked at Minghao, who got up in an instant and turned away, trying to hide his madly blushing face.

As the two were concentrated on the choreography and mostly, each other, neither of them heard Soonyoung unlocking the door to let them out. And neither saw the boy smiling knowingly as he quietly walked away, leaving them to dance happily in their own world.

• ────── ✾ ────── •