The Missing Diamond

In the pixelated world of Minecraft, there was a magnificent stone museum that was built in one of Minecraft's many plains. The museum was very large, and always busy. Packed full of people every day, it was easily one of the most popular places in all of Minecraft.

Steve worked as a night guard at the museum. His job was to guard an amazing treasure. A 5,000-carat crystal blue diamond, placed in the finest of glass cases. It's beauty radiantly shined throughout the building.

The radiant beauty attracted people from all across the overworld. It especially interested a very special person, Alexa.

Alexa was very beautiful. She always wore a green shirt and her hair was always in a side braid draping over her shoulder.

Steve saw her every day and undoubtedly fell in love with her. Hoping that maybe someday he would have the courage to talk to her.

Sadly for Steve, he could never build up enough nerve to ask her on a date. He was afraid she might think it was a joke, after all, she was so beautiful and unique, and he was nothing. Steve wasn't important or wanted anywhere. He was a nobody. He didn't have a father so he thought, he knew that the only person who cared about him, or what he thought was his mother.

One fateful night Steve was put on the night shift. The old oak trees in the nearby forest sang a lullaby. Steve grew drowsy, his eyelids became heavy and he fell into a deep slumber.

He woke up to find himself in a place he'd never been before. It was sunny and bright, and everyone was happy. Then he saw someone trip, he closed his eyes to avoid seeing the nasty fall. When he opened them again the person was fine, Steve saw a pile of slime blacks behind the man who had fallen. Steve was confused as to what had just happened, how could those blocks have just magically appeared to break the man's fall?

Steve tested it for himself. He crossed his arms at his chest and fell backward. He felt his back fall against something soft and squishy, then he bounced back up to his feet.

He was unharmed! This place was truly amazing. Steve ran to the museum for work, and just as always, Alexa was there by the diamond.

Before Steve realized what he was doing he found himself right beside her.

"Alexa, I was wondering if maybe you'd like to go out with me." Steve blurted out.

He braced himself for her answer, in his head she shot him down, but when the words left her lips for real he couldn't believe what he heard.

"Of course, I'd love to go out with you Steve." She said and blushed. "I've been waiting for you to ask me, for months."

A goofy grin spread across Steve's face.

"Okay then, I'll see you at Coal's Restaurant at 8:00?"

"Sure, I'll see you there then."

Steve had no idea what had just happened. But he did know one thing, at 8:00 that night he would be going on a date with the girl of his dreams. He had to prepare. He went home to the garden in the back of his mother's house and picked a handful of daisies and roses. His mother helped him arrange them in a beautiful bouquet.

Steve went to his room and dug through his closet for something he could wear. He found the tuxedo he wore for a relative's wedding. It was a bit dusty but in great condition.

He arrived at the restaurant and spotted Alexa's long orange hair in a booth at the back of the restaurant.

He straightened his bow tie and held the flowers tightly in his hand. What should he say to her that would make her laugh or think of him interesting or smart?