Cookies And Milk

Steve rode home on his horse to see his mother. She was horrified that something happened to him. Her little baby hadn't come home for days. She was worried to death, that something terrible had happened to him.

Steve and his mother lived on a farm. He knocked on the big blue door at the front of his mother's house. The baby blue paint that was peeling of the walls of the house triggered childhood memories.

His mother came bustling to the door and opened it. Seeing her son back and safe filled her heart with joy.

"Stevie!" She screamed with joy and wrapped her arms around him. Steve cringed at her calling him "Stevie". "I thought I would never see you again, why didn't you tell me you were going to leave?! Oh, Stevie I heard someone describe you and say they were dead. But thank goodness it was not you. I don't know what I would do without you my little baby Stevie."

"I'm sorry mother, I have no excuse I'm truly sorry. I can imagine how worried I made you, and the great pain I caused when you thought I was dead. I should have told you I was leaving before I did." Steve admitted sheepishly.

"Stevie, don't worry about it. You're home and your safe, and that's all that matters. Now why don't you come inside tell me of your journeys?"

"Ok," Steve said as his mom walked him into the house.

Steve sat down on his big red chair in the living room. His mother went to the kitchen to fetch him some cookies with milk.

When she returned she sat the bowl of cookies and the milk on the table. She took a seat across the table from her son and focused her attention on every word that proceeded from his mouth.

Steve told the story of his journey but was confused a few times. Everytime he said the word "Herobrine" his mom would cover her mouth and her eyes filled with tears.

When he finished he stared at his mother who was sobbing uncontrollably when he said that Herobrine was dead.

"Mom, are you ok?" Steve asked sincerely.

"Of course sweetie, I'm fine." She lied and wiped her nose.

"Are you sure, you seemed really down when I said Herobrine was dead."

"I told you son, I'm fine!"

Steve's body trembled his mother had never yelled at him like this before.

"Oh, St-Steve i'm s-so s-sorry." Steve's mother stuttered. "I d-didn't realize what i was s-saying."

"Mom do, do you know Herobrine personally or something?" Steve asked.

"Oh s-son i'm sorry i should have told you sooner-"

"Told me what! What is it!" Steve asked, his heart was racing.

His mother her cleared her throat and her stuttering stopped.

"Herobrine does know you, he knows us. His father told him about you. He told him that you were the only one who could ruin his plans. Steve, the reason you survived when you were battling Herobrine is because he can't control you- "

"But why mum? Why can't he?" Steve asked frantically.

"The reason he can't is because," her eyes filled with tears. "Because you're twins!"

Steve's throat suddenly ran dry and he felt like he couldn't breath.

"Twins!" Steve thought, "how could this be?" 

 "Stevie I'm so, so sorry! I knew I should have told you sooner."

"But, m-mom I don't understand. How-how could this be? How come Herobrine turned out so bad? And how come Dad left us?"

His mother sniffled then wiped her eyes.

"When you and Herobrine were just babies. Your father approached me with his dream. He said that we should use these children to make a new world. A world where him and I were at the top, anyone else was scum. He wanted us to be recognized as supreme. I instantly shot down his plan. Outraged, He took Herobrine and strormed out of the house. I never saw him again. I assume he is pursuing that same dream with your brother, Stevie. And now it's your burden to slay your brother and end this war before he takes action."

"Well, Herobrine is dead already...Then I already ended the war, Mother." Steve said dully.

"Stevie, I doubt that very much." His mother frowned.

"What do you mean, 'I doubt that very much'?"

"Stevie you don't understand your brother is much stronger than any other person. He showed abnormality when he was only a babe. I can only imagine how much that power has grown since th-"

The door of the little farm house burst open and Alexa stood in the doorway.

"Steve! Don't you know what time it is?!" She walked over and grabbed Steve's shoulders. "The others sent me to come get you! It's seven-seventeen we got to go right now!"

Alexa dragged him outside and mounted her horse.

"Bye Mom!" Steve called.

"Bye baby!" She smiled and blew him a kiss.

"What are you waiting for Steve? The others are already at the Block House."

Steve jumped on his horse pondering what his mother had said to him in the house. He kept repeating the same words over and over in his head, "Why me?"