The Search For The Hideout

Zoe was drawing water from the town well when Dave and Steve flew past on their trusty horses. They passed by so quickly that her hair blew in front of her eyes, and she dropped her bucket. She was so captivated by the speed of their sudden appearance that she hadn't noticed the water all over her skirt from the dropped bucket.

"Where are you going in such a rush!?" Zoe yelled in an attempt to get an answer.

They both stopped, trodden to the well, and explained everything from the very beginning. In the end, Zoe was amazed that they were so far away from home.

"Can I help you guys?" Zoe asked. "I've lived here all my life and I loved playing in the forest as a child. My friends and I would play hide-and-seek every day. I would hide in the caves and explore them while they were looking for me. If I was the thief that's where I would hide. I know that forest better than the back of my hand. Hey, that's new."

They all cracked up laughing at her joke.

"Of course you can," Dave said immediately after she was done talking.

"Thank you!" She said as she ran to get her horse from behind her house. When she came back she was riding a beautiful white mustang with a black mane.

"Wow! I've never seen one of those before." Steve and Dave said at the same time.

"Shall we go then?" Zoe said as she rode in front of them.

"Yes ma'am," Steve replied.

"Hyah!" Zoe yelled and immediately her horse sped towards the forest.

As they were riding Steve couldn't help but notice something strange about Dave. No matter what he seemed to not take his eyes off of Zoe. She wouldn't stop looking at him either.

"Dave, why do you keep looking at her?!" Steve asked.

"She's my girlfriend." He replied.

"I am?" Zoe asked, surprised, and happy. "I mean yes, I am, you couldn't tell?"

"Well whatever," Steve said

They rode deep into the snow forest looking for the caves Zoe played in as a child. They searched one after another but it seemed like there were millions.

"Are you sure it's around here?" Steve asked in frustration.

"It is, I know it," Zoe replied.

She turned left then right and found another cave. Only something wasn't right about this one. It had been closed off.

"I... I don't understand. Why would anyone close this off?" Zoe wondered aloud.

Dave got off of his horse and began walking around the cave. He found a thin trail of Redstone dust leading to a lever on a nearby tree. Dave called Steve over to take a look, Zoe followed. Curious, Steve pulled the lever and heard a clicking sound. They all walked back to the front of the cave. It was opened, and they all walked in together.

They silently crept down a long, steep flight of stone stairs, and found a door. Dave's hand trembled as he reached for the door handle, he opened it and they entered one by one.

Suddenly they heard footsteps. Silently they hurried out and hid amongst the trees. They made it out just in time to see people coming out of the cave. It was a shadowy figure dressed in black, just like Steve saw on the security cameras the night the diamond was stolen.

"Could he be the person who stole it?" Steve asked in his head.

They waited until the person was out of sight to enter the cave again. Steve looked to see if they were gone, then he gave a hand signal and Dave and Zoe followed. Dave ran to the tree with the lever on it and flipped it. The cave opened and again they went in less nervous than before.

They went down the stairs and opened the door. Dave leads them through a long two-block wide tunnel. Steve ran ahead to open the door at the end of the tunnel. He slowly opened and peered inside. What he saw was astounding.

"Guys, you might want to see this," Steve whispered.

It was a large room filled with chests as far as the eye could see. In the middle of the room, they saw a man that looked like Steve. In front of him were five villagers with glowing eyes. Then another person came running to get in line with the others. Steve couldn't believe his eyes, it was his boss Mr. Fickle! Steve grew very upset and silently stormed out of the cave.

As he left he could hear the faint sound of Herobrine throwing out orders. It seemed like an infinite amount of questions were all bouncing around in his head. It was dawn and the sun was coming up. Steve stood by a tree and started punching it with all his might, wondering how his boss was a criminal. Dave and Zoe came out of the cave a minute later.

"Steve, calm down who was that guy to you?" Dave asked.

"My boss, the guy who sent me on this journey."

Zoe heard a noise and stared into the distance. She saw a man with an envelope in his hand running towards them.

"Who's that?" Zoey asked.

"I don't know," Dave replied.

"Finally, I found you, Steve. You are Steve right?" The man with the envelope said.

"That's me."

"This is for you. I'm a messenger, in case you didn't already notice."

Steve opened the envelope and read:

"Steve you have to help our village! A person in a black cloak was able to get past the iron golem, and he/she pulled a sword and robbed the whole village of all of our weaponry! When I went to see how the person got past the iron golem he was unconscious! I gave him a potion of healing and he woke up. When I asked him what happened he said that the person splashed a strength potion on himself. Then the person splashed a weakness potion on him. He simply punched him and knocked him out cold. I'm worried he might hurt our neighboring villages too. Please come back here so the golem can give you more specific details."

                                                                          -Your "Old friend," the butcher