The Temple

Hidden deep in the jungle was a small cracked stone temple. Dave opened a chest and placed Fluffy inside, then turned to face Steve.

"Steve, let's explore it, please," Dave begged, curious of what lied inside the temple.

"Fine," Steve replied. "I did overhear some villagers talking about one of these once in the village I live near. I did some research and found out a little about them. First, there are many traps. There also is a puzzle leading to a hidden chest. It usually has gold hidden inside."

"YES! I'll get the torches." Dave exclaimed cheerfully.

"Wait, there may be a few monsters due to lack of light. You should probably grab a sword." Steve said.

After they had the torches they slowly went inside. The temple was very dark at first, then Steve lit it up with tons of torches. They crept down the cracked stone stairs, turned to the left, and found three levers. Each on one chiseled stone brick.

"I remember reading the combination of these," Steve said to himself.

He then pulled the last lever and then the first one. Then lifted them both back up. He then walked back upstairs. There, they found a small hole in the floor leading to the hidden chest below.

"We found it," Dave said.

"There's another one in here, it's on the right side of the temple downstairs," Steve said.

They both jumped into the hole and discovered a very tight space with a chest in the corner. They collected the goods and found two diamonds and fourteen gold nuggets. They dug out of the tight space and went downstairs once again. This time they turned to the right and began walking through the dark, cramped tunnel.

They continued walking and soon heard a clicking sound. Steve looked down and saw a tripwire. Both Steve and Dave were shot by a speeding arrow. Steve placed a torch and discovered a dispenser on the other side of the wall. Steve broke the tripwire and walked forward, while Dave collected the arrows out of the dispenser.

Soon again they stepped over another tripwire. And were shot by more arrows. Again Steve broke the wire and placed a torch. While Dave collected the arrows inside the dispenser. Then they finally found the other chest. Steve emptied it and found two pieces of gold, one piece of rotten flesh, three bones, and a saddle.

"Awesome," Dave said quietly.

Then he turned around and saw a zombie on the other side of the room. Steve turned around and began hitting the wall making a way out. Dave helped by attacking the zombie.

"Dave, since there's one in here there might be more. You should go check, I'll keep digging." Said Steve.

Dave walked all around the temple when he came to the lobby of the temple he saw that it was night outside. Luckily there was no sign of any monsters. Just when he came back Steve was almost finished with the tunnel when Dave came back.

"Uh, Steve you should close that up. We have to stay here for the night, It's dusk." Dave said to Steve.

"Are you serious? I was almost done." Steve said angrily.

He closed up the hole and went upstairs to explore the upper room of the temple.

"I call the top room!" Steve shouted so Dave could hear him. He placed his bed so Dave could see it was already spoken for. Then he went outside. He made the entrance to the temple bigger, then brought the horses into the temple. Steve added doors to the temple and closed them. He then heard a faint "meow." 

He went outside and found Fluffy inside a chest. He hesitated for a moment, then grabbed Fluffy and walked towards the temple.

Steve then saw Dave watching from the door.

"You actually touched him?" Dave said in a surprised manner.

"He had to come in. I think you should be saying "thank you"." Steve replied.

Dave closed the door and went backed to the downstairs room. Steve put Fluffy down and watched him run around the temple. Steve left where he was sitting and slowly walked up the stone stairs and into his room. He threw himself onto the bed and fell into a deep sleep.

Dave, on the other hand, couldn't sleep and stay up for hours more. He thought of Steve and the stress he must have had on his shoulders, having to find a diamond and his only clue being he knew that it was in the snowy forests. He wondered how he would find it, it would be like finding a needle in a haystack.

Dave got up and paced around the room.

"What to do, what to do, what to do." He threw his arms in the air in frustration. "Either I could find the diamond myself, fat chance. Or I could do something nice for Steve. But what to do?"

Then, an idea popped into his head. HE could get Steve a wolf.

"Who wouldn't want a wolf?!" Dave exclaimed. "Well, other than me."

It was settled, Dave grabbed a pocketful of bones and slipped out of the door of the temple.

After a while of walking and searching, he found what he was looking for, a wolf. He approached the wolf and offered it a bone. The wolf accepted it and rubbed itself against Dave, demanding scratches.

Dave scratched it and then stood up.

"Come on, boy." He said.

The wolf turned his head in confusion. Dave walked back to his horse and the wolf followed. Dave grabbed the wolf and pulled him onto the horse. They rode back to the jungle where he sat the dog right next to Steve's bed.

Dave attached a piece of paper to the wolf and told him that he was Steve's dog. After the dog realized he was a gift he fell asleep next to Steve's bed.

As for Dave, he put his bones away and collapsed onto his bed in a deep sleep.