The Village Girl

Dave woke up the next morning very refreshed and ready for the day. He got out of bed and crept quietly into the upper chamber of the temple to see if Steve was awake. The dog was, he looked at Dave but turned his head, he didn't want to get attached to him.

Steve wasn't awake yet, but without Steve, Dave was feeling incredibly bored. He went outside to see the beautiful sunrise, when a little far away he saw the grassy plains, and just ahead was the snow forest! Dave jumped with joy. Then he ran as fast as he could back inside to tell Steve what he saw.

"Steve! Steve! Steve! Wake up you'll never guess what I found! Dave exclaimed as he ran to Steve's room.

"Go away Dave can't you see I'm busy sleeping?" Steve moaned and rolled in the opposite direction as Dave.

"Fine, I will! have fun being lazy." Dave said casually as he walked downstairs, and back outside.

He looked at the scenery outside when he discovered a village. He wanted to tell Steve but remembered how irritable he was when he was woken up. So he went to the village alone. Dave wandered around for a little while looking for someone to talk to. Just as he was about to give up he saw someone perfect. A beautiful girl. She had beautiful brown hair, and gorgeous purple eyes, she wore a flower crown made of pink roses in her hair, She was currently harvesting the carrots and potatoes in her garden.

Dave started walking in her direction to talk to her. When he got to her everything he was thinking of saying left his mind.

"Er, uh, hmm." He said thinking of what to say.

"Um, hi." The girl said in a voice soft as silk.

"Hello." Dave replied feeling embarrassed.

"Do you need any help harvesting?" He asked.

"Sure, thanks." She replied.

"By the way what's your name?"

"I'm Zoe," She said.

"What's yours?"

"I'm Dave," He said. "Will you tell me what to do?"

"Sure, I need you to take these potatoes and carrots, and plant them." Zoe replied.

Zoe and Dave began working in her garden. As soon as they started they were finished. Dave took the vegetables into her house. When he came back outside he saw Steve walking towards him. He looked very angry.

"Why did you leave by yourself!?" Steve yelled.

Zoe interrupted. "Dave, is this your dad?"

"Roasted." Dave said laughing.

"I'll take that as a no."

Steve looked angrier than ever. He grabbed Dave's collar and began to lead him back to the jungle temple.

"I will see you again." Dave called dramatically to Zoe. "After I help Steve retrieve something important!"

"Dude, why did you grab me by the collar? You could have stretched my shirt out. Speaking of collar you didn't see anything with a collar sitting by your bed?"

"Yes I did, it's right here, why? Dave asked impatiently

"Because it was for you."

"Awesome, thank you. But don't think I'm not still mad at you." Said Steve as he put his hand out to pet his new dog.

"Relax it's your own fault. You wouldn't get up. Besides I found something that will get your mind off of being left alone." Dave said waiting for Steve to ask him what he found.

"What did you find that so important?" Steve asked curiously.

"Ready for this? Dave began pausing dramatically. I found...The Snowy Forest!"

"Really!" Steve exclaimed happily. "This journey might almost be over. All we have to do is find the hideout of the thieves!"

"We should go if we want to have lots of time to try and find the hideout." Dave suggested.

Steve agreed. They packed up all of the supplies, Dave's cat, and Steve's dog which he had just named Killer. They jumped on their horses and began towards the snowy forest in a hurry.