Not so platonic

The way he opened his eyes abruptly, almost sent my heart racing out of its duty post. The words he verbalized made me lose my balance, I had to grip the sofa for support. Jeepers creepers! Why was he so alert?!!!

"Hem!" I cleared my throat. "How long have you been awake?" I asked.

"Long enough to notice someone was stalking." He said, smirking at me with such masculine confidence. Then he sat up and intensified his gaze at me.

I felt so embarrassed now. Why on earth did I think it was okay to come stand at his head like that? Or maybe I wasn't thinking, maybe I was just acting. I slapped my forehead mentally. The magnetic force of his attractiveness must have been the one in control.

"Uh..." I swallowed hard. It was quite difficult to think straight now because his sexy chest was staring right at me. "Uh... When I woke up... Hem! You know... I was really really famished... Uhm... Cuz yesterday night, I slept without having dinner. So... I just wanted to find out what's for breakfast, but when I saw you sleeping... I mulled over waking you up or not." I said, gesticulating while I told this blatant lie. Don't judge, I was never big on telling lies, but what were you expecting me to say? Accept I was stalking? Hell no!

He cocked a brow up. The way he looked at me, showed he didn't believe a morsel of the words I just muttered. But he didn't say it to my face. He just said, "I have got bread in the fridge, I also have sardines, corn beef, eggs, chicken franks, butter and all that. Unless you are not the type that does bread when she's really hungry."

"Hahaha. I am quite into bread these days. I guess working an eight-hour job in the USA has really made me become fond of eating bread and anything that is prepared with less stress." I said, as I strategically focused on changing the topic of me stalking him.

"Oh really? That's interesting, cuz I always knew your favorite was Amala and Gbegiri. Uh... And also African salad too." He said.

I was so stunned. No, let's paraphrase that. I was impressed, he still memorized my favs. "You still remember!"

He gave me one of those his killer smiles. "Of course I do. I told you, you won't believe how much I still remember you."

Somehow that statement made me blush a little. Jeez, I hope I wasn't all "rainbow colors" in front of him like Pamela would always describe.

"So I guess bread is cool for breakfast then?"

"Uh-huh."

"Then let's get to the kitchen." Oh, bloody what now?

"You want to go to the kitchen and prepare breakfast with me?"

"Of course, is there any problem with that?"

"No, no, no." My lying mouth activated itself, cuz there was everything wrong with that. "Lead the way."

Alan got to his feet and did as I said. When we got into the kitchen, It was impressive like every other part of the house. Red kitchen cabinets, black marbled counter, energy bulbs inserted into the kitchen's high POP ceiling. On top of the counter, updated kitchen appliances were neatly arranged. The place was so neat, like as though he kept it clean in anticipation of a guest.

I walked to the window, then unrolled the drapes. Through the window, I could see two little children, a boy, and a girl, on the street close to Alan's apartment. The boy was around age nine or less and the girl around age five. They looked like siblings. The little boy was teaching his younger sister how to ride her pink bicycle that had multi-colored ribbons on each handle. I could hear their little voices distantly, not so clear though. The little boy was saying something like "Put your leg, put your leg." And the young girl obeyed her instructor. I smiled at the innocence my eyes beheld, they looked so cute. I was never that lucky to experience what it felt like to have a sibling or siblings. Mum died when she gave birth to me, and dad never ever remarried, I guess he loved his wife that much. I wondered if I would ever get to taste the kind of love they shared.