Stars of the night sky

The waves crashed at the sullen shores, then pulled back, then it pushed forward and pulled back again, it did this continuously. The cool water washing its way to the shore, caressed my barefoot, in such a way that made me feel a certain sense of freedom. All I wanted to do now, was run around, and let the night air swim through my hair.

The feel of his long fingers slowly lacing mine, interrupted my thoughts. His fingers played with mine softly, as we walked beside the beach.

"It's so perfect," I muttered before I could hold back. Now, I couldn't say for sure, if I was talking about the beach or about how perfectly it felt, walking hand in hand with Alan beside the beach.

"Yeah, the beach always has that perfect effect to it... But wait till we get to the special place I told you about." He said.

"I wasn't expecting the special place you talked about to be at the beach, and also why do I feel this special place might be a little bit overrated?" I asked him, with a slight splash of sarcasm in my tone.

"Well, because I am very confident that it is far from overrated..." He said, then paused for a heartbeat, and continued "You know what, let's have a bet." He said, then gave my hand a gentle squeeze. "If the place is overrated like you predicted it to be, then you are right and I am wrong. But if the place is as special as I say it is... You will have to kiss me." He said.

I looked up at him and caught a naughty smile on his face. "Wait a second, that's like no deal at..."

"Shush. I am not done yet. When I say you will kiss me, I do not mean a friendly peck on the lips, like an Argentine greeting, or something like that... I mean a French kiss, slow, soft and tongue deep." He said with his voice visibly rough with passion now.

"Whoa boy, what's going through that sinister mind of yours?" I asked, laughing nervously.

"You heard me. So just pray I am wrong, cuz I am not gonna let you off the hook." He said, with that male hunger evident in his voice.

I suppressed a hot laugh. I guess the red velvet gown was indeed messing with this young man's head, cuz where the heck did this bet come from? And why on earth was he so religiously committed to it?

"Alright chief," I said with my tongue in my cheek. "Let's hope I am correct." Then I kept quiet for a moment, and observed my environment, the number of people at this area of the beach were becoming fewer. Some persons were moving towards the little bars with lamps shining from a little distance, while some were leaving, probably going home. It was about 7:30 PM.

"Wait. How on earth did you pull off this look?" Alan said all of a sudden. "Like I always knew you had mad curves beneath those jeans, dungarees, and even your school uniform back then, but not this... You look like a damn artwork."

I couldn't help it anymore. I knocked out all the laughter I had restrained in my system because it was almost choking me to death.

"Alan! Take it easy!" I said laughing hard now.

"Yo gurl. I guess you don't understand what the popular saying strength of a woman means tho." Alan replied.

I wanted to reply him, but the sensation around this part of the beach automatically kept my tongue-tied. The rhythm of the ocean, the soft musical notes it played in my head enchanted me right now. I had no choice but to halt.

"Wow," I muttered, I concluded this was the special place he talked about.

Alan's strong big hands cupped my waist. I wasn't even aware he was standing behind me until now. His hands slowly moved upwards, the movement of his hands were so slow and soft, it weakened my knees. When he got to the last rib cage right beneath my breasts, he stopped and massaged the area gently. Then he tilted his head and placed a wet kiss on my neck. I bit my bottom lip and before I could stop myself, I let out a moan.