I knew I never liked that chick

Alan opened the vehicle door a little bit forcibly. He was all restless since the incident of me falling down occurred. His restlessness kinda made me feel good though. He rushed to the back door of the vehicle and opened it.

"Alright Valerie, you have to be strong for me. Okay? I know this could be as painful as hell, but please be strong." He said. Then he picked me up like I was some paperweight.

"Ah!" I screamed as the excruciating pain inflicted by the fracture slammed me hard.

"Aw Hun. I am so sorry, the pain would be over soon." We both knew that was a lie, cuz a fracture was no child's play, unless if he was suggesting that with the aid of an analgesic the pain would be eased off a bit.

It was already late in the evening now, probably around 7 p.m. or thereabouts. Alan rushed into the clinic building shouting frantically.

"Somebody call the doctor! There is an emergency!" I never knew Alan could shout that loud. Apart from the time he shouted at Chase his dog, every other time his voice had been always calm and very composed.

With the side of my eyes, I could see the way people were looking at the both of us, I guess some of them were mulling over why I was stained with paint or either admiring Alan's bare chest or maybe wondering why he was shirtless. He actually looked like a cowboy now, but the only missing thing here was, he wasn't in cowboy boots and a hat. Heck! This was actually turning into a Telemundo TV series.

"Nurse Salamatu, call Dr. Odeife immediately!" The elderly matron instructed a smallish nurse. The nurse got to her heels quickly. Shortly after she went in, she came out with a young lady behind her, the lady's hair was packed up neatly in a bun, and she had a stethoscope around her neck, which indicated that she was the doctor.

"What happened to her?" The doctor asked Alan.

"She fell off a ladder." He said.

"Alright. Nurse Matu, bring the wheelchair, let us wheel her into the emergency room." she instructed. I couldn't help but notice how she stared at Alan. I just didn't want to believe it was what I was thinking, she was actually doing.

"No. No need for that. I would carry her instead." Alan said.

"Aww! Oh dear lord." I kept on saying whenever the pain intensified. I was just trying my best to be strong, if not, I guess tears would have been running down my cheeks now.

"Pele o Omo mi." I could hear the elderly matron say from behind.

When we got inside the Emergency room. The doctor told Alan to place me on the examining couch.

"So what part of your leg hit the ground?"

"My right knee... Ah!" I screamed. The pain was choking me badly.

"Alright. You would be fine, okay?" The female doctor said. I felt as if she was talking to me like a child, and it kinda pissed me the hell off. The doctor was in her early thirties, but that didn't give her any right to talk to me like a baby. Or maybe she wasn't really talking to me in the manner I assumed she was, maybe she was just doing her job. I guess I was a little bit grouchy because of the discomfort caused by this damn fracture.

"Nurse Matu, please run a quick check on the vitals. Her blood pressure, pulse rate, respiratory rate, and blood oxygen saturation." She instructed.

"Ok doctor." The nurse replied and did all the doctor instructed her to do. My blood pressure had risen due to the shock caused by the fall.

When nurse Matu was done checking all the vitals. The doctor gave me an analgesic in order to relieve the pain. Then she began to examine the leg. When she was done examining it, she said.