Am I good enough?

Alan slowly sat up. While Deji and Lewa quickly disappeared into the kitchen with the grocery bag. I guess they wanted to start icing Grandma's 90th birthday cake and at the same time escape this drama taking place. On my part, I was thrown off balance by the tension in the air. Who exactly was the stupid girl that had to leave?

"Omo mi calm down." Said the elderly woman who surprisingly looked gallant for someone clocking 90 tomorrow.

The beautiful angry woman refused to reduced her voice. I was quite surprised that such a pretty woman could get so angry. "Mammie, don't tell me to calm down, Enitan has to leave this very minute. I wonder why I pay her, because she is very useless to me. Just this little task I gave her to accomplish, she couldn't deliver, And you are saying I should still keep her? Rara ooo! She has to leave!" She said to the older woman, as they both walked into the sitting area. Once I heard the name Enitan, my heart began to beat at a slower pace. Why was I really scared anyway?

Alan placed his palm on my knee, then tilted a bit and whispered into my ear, "The only person that can calm mom down right now, is no other person but dad. Just watch and see the magic that would take place when he appears." Alan said, and a few seconds after Alan muttered those words, Mrs. Tayo's husband appeared. "Speak of the extinguisher and he appears." Alan said. I giggled then elbowed Alan playfully in his abs. "Ouch! why do you like doing that to me? It actually hurts you know." He said wearing a very innocent expression on his face.

"Serves you right, because you are a naughty child." I said, then we both chuckled in unison. "But seriously though... Shouldn't I greet your mom?" I asked him.

"Nah. Wait till she calms down because right now she wouldn't listen to anyone else, except the extinguisher himself," Alan said with his tongue in his cheek. Then he placed his hand on my shoulder and brought me closer to himself. "Watch with me." He said.

I was excited to see the magic that was gonna take place any moment from now. I had never experienced dad attempt to calm mom down, so this was gonna be quite an adventure for me.

Mr. Tayo didn't waste his time on many talks. He barely held his wife's gaze and took a few strides to where she stood. Then he wrapped his arms around her slender waist and in a slash sec, his lips claimed hers. What happened next was absolutely as magical as Alan predicted it would be. The tempestuous sea (Alan's mom) was now as calm as the peaceful Hanakoa stream I usually performed my Yoga of the mind whenever I went on a vacay to Kauai county, Hawaii. Right now, I just had to stare in utter amazement.

Alan winked at me. "I told you, it works every single time. Just like magic." I could not respond, I just stared at him, with my mouth slightly agape. I was speechless. After some seconds of staring, I returned my gaze to his parents.

"So tell me... What made you so angry?" Mr. Tayo asked his wife, once the magical moment ended.

Alan's mum replied, "Enitan failed to give the Olukays family the invitation card for Mammie's birthday." Wait, was she blushing? I stifled a laugh, as the thought of the hypothesis propounded by my friend Erica came to my mind. I quote "A kiss from the right man, can correct one's senses." I can still recollect how I plainly debunked that hypothesis, saying it was simply a ridiculous one. But right now, I think Erica was actually correct.

"I would put a call across to them to resolve that. Okay?" Mr. Tayo said to his wife with his palms on both sides of her shoulders. Damn! I admired his composure.

Meanwhile, Mammie had already sat down on one of the sofas, I guess she didn't have the strength to stand for too long. She sagged her medicated glasses on the bridge of her nose, then she stared at me and Alan.