TV remote control

The kiss was quite unexpected. I know you would be wondering why I said so, but truly, I never planned on launching one on him. It just happened.

When I broke the electrifying lip lock, my eyes met with his, and he held my gaze. I knew he was amazed, but he didn't show much of it. He just gave me a lopsided grin. And asked.

"Where did that come from?"

I nibbled my upper lip shyly. I was pretty much embarrassed that I let him see how much I was still attracted to him. This had never happened before, he was always the one making the first move since time immemorial. Right now, he wasn't making matters easy for me, he just kept gazing at me as he hung back for my answer, but once he realized I was a little bit uncomfortable with the question he asked, he said in a low voice.

"Hey, hey. It's okay." He was actually chuckling right now.

I facepalmed. I was literally going all rainbow colors on him right now. He gave me a half-laugh, and in a split second, he drew me into his embrace. His body felt so warm. I could feel his heart thump increase a little bit beyond its normal pace. "Why do I always act like a 15-year-old girl when I am around you?"

"Well, I guess that's because that was how old you were when you were so crazy in love with me." He said, in a tone that sounded more rueful than sarcastic. He obviously knew I was attracted to him, but I bet he was thinking I was no longer in love with him. He was wrong. What I felt for him back then, was far more subtle than what I feel for him now. I wanted to tell him that, but I held back. I wasn't going to stay in Nigeria, and I didn't want a good heart to break twice because of me. Anyway, I guess I was just gonna enjoy being in his arms for now. Was that selfish of me?

"There is something we are yet to discuss...." He was saying when his phone rang. I sat up straight, to enable him to take the call. He brought out the phone from his pocket, then picked the call.

"Hey, Pamela. What's up?" Pamela? Why was she calling him instead of me? I thought. Then, I remembered my phone wasn't in my possession. It must have fallen down somewhere in my vehicle en route to the clinic.

"Yeah. We are currently at the clinic... It's within the hotel premises. The name of the hotel is The Boval intercontinental hotel, Maryland." He said, then stared at me. "She's fine..." I kept wondering how Pamela found out I was with Alan. "Alright, I would let you speak to her now." He said, then handed over the phone to me and whispered. "Pamela."

I already knew she was the caller tho. I collected the phone from him, and Immediately I placed the phone on my left ear, I heard Pamela's worried voice. "Aw baby! What happened to you naw?"

"I fell." I replied.

"Yeah, yeah. I know you did. But what I meant to ask was, how did it happen and all that?" I thought of what her expression would be like if I actually narrated the real story to her, she would definitely laugh her ass off. That crazy girl.

"It was an accident dear. But don't fret over it tho, I am fine now."

"How can you say I shouldn't fret over it? My best friend broke her leg, and you are saying I shouldn't be worried."

"Alright, be worried." I said jokingly.

"Look at this girl o! How can you even be cracking jokes in this kind of situation?" Mehn! Pamela deserved a trophy in taking things overboard sha.

"Calm down naw." I looked at Alan briefly, then looked away. "According to the doctor, it is just a hairline fracture, it's not that bad. Don't be so afraid, I am fine... Really." I said trying to calm down my troubled friend.

"Hmmm. Thank God o! When Bala called me, he was really sounding terrified. He was like, "Ah! Madam done break leg ooo! I no even sure say she go fi use that leg waka again!" This and that. So, I became really really worried." She said. No wonder, Bala was the informant. That was the reason why she got this apprehensive.