A kiss or two.

"Girlfriend??" Alan asked, staring at me in utter confusion. "What girlfriend are you talking about?"

Was he really gonna deny his chick now? After speaking so intimately with her in my presence? He must think I am stupid. "The one you spoke to while we were purchasing those building materials. The one you said I love you to?"

Alan gawked at me in disbelief. His cute mouth that I still longed for even in this circumstance, was slightly agape. "Huh? are you talking about Shalewa?!" He asked, then smashed into a peal of uproarious laughter.

Why was he laughing? Was he thinking this was some joke???

"Goodness gracious! That's my kid sister! The baby of the house that I used to call Lewa those days." Yo, way to go Valerie. I slapped my head mentally. I wouldn't have jumped to conclusions like that.

"Oh..." I said, still stupefied at the fact that I wasn't introspective at all before lashing out at him.

"Yeah, oh." He said still chuckling. "That's why you don't gotta conclude before verifying. Uhm, and the other question. I didn't reach out to you, cuz I thought you wanted to keep things simple and platonic, but from all indication, you obviously ain't interested in keeping things simple." He said, ending with his tongue in his cheek this time.

My cheeks flushed. And it certainly wasn't because my skin was sun-kissed. This man always knew how to make me blush senselessly. "Well, that kiss wasn't all that platonic was it?" I said, knowing fully well that I was looking for trouble.

He cocked a brow up. "Oh, really?" He said, then scratched his right cheek softly. He looked like he had something on his mind, like something he was about to do right now. "Throughout the day, I have been trying my best to avoid doing this, but I guess..." He said, leaving the sentence incomplete, as he took two steps toward me, and I took two steps back, which made my back touch the vehicle's body.

He took two steps again, which closed the little distance between us. Then placed his left hand beside my head on the vehicle's body. Then tilted his head lower, and his lips were a hairsbreadth from mine. "I guess you leave me no choice."

In a split second, his delicate lips claimed mine. And Instantaneously my brains turned off as he hungrily fed on my lips. He didn't even give two shits about the fact that his workers might be watching us right now. He just focused on this moment.

When he broke the kiss and looked into my eyes they were all dreamy. "Hope that answers your first question?" He asked, in a low soft tone.

I was too speechless to reply. I could barely breathe well. Like I said earlier, if this man was a playboy, he would have been a damn good one.

"Wē yo! Madam! I think say you talk say oga na just kwantracta?" Jeepers Creepers! I wasn't aware we had an audience.

****************************************************************************************

I stared at my wristwatch as I waited for the elevator to open. When it did, a couple dressed in matching outfit came out. I recognized them immediately, they were the young couple I saw in the morning at the cafe.

"Excuse me please." The young man called my attention. When I was about entering the elevator. "Could you please take I and my wife a snap or two?"

I looked at them for some seconds. How could I say no? They looked too adorable. I never knew they were a married couple, all along I thought they were just bae and boo, cuz they looked really young. The lady looked 24 and the guy 27.

"Sure... Since it's just a few." I said.

"Oh! Definitely, just two." The guy said, indicating the "two" with his fingers. Then he handed me the camera he was holding. Then rushed back to his wife and wrapped his arm around her hips and struck a pose. I couldn't help but smile. The young man obviously couldn't get his hands off his brand new tear-leather wife. The lady kept blushing endlessly.