Plummeted

The temperature of the room suddenly became warmer. I gulped the little saliva in my mouth. How on earth was he expecting me to focus, with those chests staring at me like that?

"So I am gonna be doing more of the painting, you are just gonna use that brush..." He pointed at the brush he handed me. "...to complete the upper part." He said.

All this while I had been gawking at his flawless chest. I pondered on the number of workouts and healthy food he must have invested in it to produce all this sexiness. He caught me staring, then he gave me that knowing smile. He knew I was drooling, but thank goodness he didn't say any word, like calling me "a stalker" or something like that. He just stared at me with that raw masculine confidence he always had written over him.

"Hem hem." I cleared my throat, then found my voice. "Well, you shouldn't be scared that I am gonna ruin these walls with my bad painting or something. You remember I am a dexter in the world of Arts, so I kinda know my way around paints." I said, as I worked closer to him and patted the brush on his inviting chest. It was an involuntary action, cuz I never planned on doing that.

He licked his soft pink lips slowly, then he skillfully wrapped his strong arm around my slender waist and brought me closer to his bare broad chest. I tried my best to fight the urge to place my hand on those enticing chests, but I guess I wasn't strong enough. I gave in to weakness and touched his chest with my fingertips. It felt just the way I anticipated it would feel. Hard, smooth, and addictive.

My palm rested on where his heart was located. The rhythm of its beats were still the same as it used to be while we were dating. This heart was still beating for me I could tell. I looked up into his deep brown eyes, and I saw pain. It was so unmistakable. I really hurt this man by leaving without saying goodbye, all he ever did was love and care for me. He didn't deserve the way I treated him, what we shared didn't deserve such treatment too.

"As I said, painters are not supposed to be this hot." He said with his voice now rough with emotions as he eased me out of his arms. Then picked up the long roller, and dipped it in paint and got to work.

*************************************************************************************
We had been painting the baby girl's room for like 3 hours now. All this while, Alan was so focused on what he was doing, at a point in time It felt as if I was no longer in the room.

He wiped a little perspiration off his forehead, then he continued painting. On my part, I used the paintbrush he gave me to complete some little parts of the wall he left untouched.

"You know, l gotta applaud you. For a lady, you are really doing a great job there." He commended my painting skills.

"Pfft. If only you scratched out the " lady" part, I would have taken that as a compliment you know." I said with a little indignation present in my tone.

He let out a laugh. "And there she goes again. You really have a proactive feminist side you know." He said staring at me.

"Uhhh..."

"You don't have to deny it. You know you do." He said, still gazing at me.

"Alright, I give up. I am a feminist." I said.

He made a cute face at me. "Awwwwn for the first time, Valerie Okofu is giving up on an argument." He said.

I made a cute face too. "Awwwwn, enjoy it while it lasts. And trust me, It ain't gonna last for long."

He rolled his eyes playfully. And I did the same. Then we both laughed at our foolery.

"You are so silly." He said.