Mails!!!

Suddenly an uneasy smile just popped out from nowhere. I felt uneasy because I knew what was coming for me after this. Pamela would draw blood from me, if I failed to gist her the events that preceded all this drama, starting from the fall to landing right into Alan's lap. The expression on Pamela's face said it all. I kept thanking God she was not a blogger, If not, I believe I and Alan would have been trending on the internet now.

The O-shape her mouth formed was beginning to revamp into a mischievous grin. "Hem hem! Hope we are not interrupting anything?" She asked playfully.

I grimaced at her for a sec or two. Then replied. "No." Then, I looked at Alan and said in a low tone. "I was just trying to get hold of the remote control, but in the process, my leg shook and I fell." He looked right into my eyes, then muttered.

"If I had the prescience, that having you in my laps would feel this great... I would have lapped you almost every single time back then in secondary school, I swear."

I playfully elbowed him in his abs. "Ouch, that hurt." He said.

"Serves you right." I replied, chuckling. "But seriously tho, I didn't plan to..." I was saying when Chuks interrupted.

"Is it just me, or you both still look really cute together." He said, looking at I and Alan, then at his wife. Ah! This was the moment Pamela had been waiting for. finally! Chuks was on her side in the whole #Team_alval stuff.

"Exactly! They still look as amazing as they were in secondary school. Mehn, scratch that, they even look better now!" Pamela said with so much exhilaration.

"Touché Bella." Alan concurred. Okay, now I was beginning to suspect all three of them. Was this all planned?

"But for real tho, if you both don't have any significant other in your lives, I think giving this thing a second chance ain't a bad idea." Chuks said. Pamela kept nodding her head in agreement like an Agama lizard. Alan was quiet this time. I guess he really wanted to get my own opinion on this.

Before I could form any coherent reply, Dr. Odeife walked in, and the topic was adjourned.

*****************************************************************************************

It was 10:19 AM now, exactly 5mins after the doctor discharged me. We were all standing at the clinic's parking lot currently. Alan just finished taking a call from one of his workers, who informed him that his attention was needed at the mansion.

"Uhm... Valerie, I have to go now. Keep your phone close, cuz I would be calling to check up on you from time, okay?" He said.

"Alright. How are you gonna transport yourself back?" I asked

He placed his left hand in his right pocket and brought out my vehicle key, then he handed it over to Chuks who was leaning on the body of my jeep. "Bro, please help drive Valerie to the hotel building." He said to Chuks. Then, to me he said. "My means of transportation ain't gonna be a problem. I would take a cab."

"Oh, alright then." I replied.

"Don't forget to keep your promise of calling my friend oo!" Said Pamela who was standing at my right-hand side, with her arm around my waist.

"Ah! Pamela!" I said.

"What naw?" She replied.

"Haha. You don't have to remind me, I really enjoy talking to her, so that won't be a problem." Alan said, then he ended with a wink.

"Yo, bro. No winking at my wife please, before she would start catching feelings. Hehehe... You know you are a handsome guy." Chuks said jokingly.