3) JOURNEY TO THE WEDDING

I was so happy after returning from the date.
When I reached the house my father was waiting for me in the living room.
"Good, I never expected it from you, I was tensed that you will do something stupid but you didn't. Your brother told you did a good job. Now from tomorrow you start preparing yourself. Tomorrow is your engagement. Be ready by 5 pm
. I will send some beauticians in your room first thing tomorrow"
He said and gestured me to leave.
I was just leaving when my stepmother and brother entered.
The last thing I heard was "finally we will get rid of her" my stepmother said evily and my father just chuckled
Wiping my tears I went upstairs to my room and closed the doors behind me.

Next morning I woke up due to the sun rays falling on my face.
I sat up and streched my arms yawning.
Completing my morning chores in the bathroom ,I took a long shower doing shampoo and conditioning.
Nearly 9 oclck a maid brought my breakfast in My room followed by 2 beaiticians.
After my breakfast the 2 ladies started my manicure and pedicure.
I relaxed my self on the sofa while the ladies were doing their job
Not once did my any family member came in my room to check on me.
How I wish my mom would be here.
After applying nail polishes and waxing, we took a break for lunch.
I was sitting on my bed alone when my stepmother came in with a dress and followed by a maid to give my lunch which was Khichdi and dahi (curd)so that my stomach doesn't get upset in this Chaos

I haven't seen my dress yet
,Looking at the cover I can say it's green and beautiful.
"I decided that you will wear this Indian dress today. After all you are Kapoor's daughter.hide your pathetic body in this beautiful dress.and you better look beautiful and match our standard."she snapped and turned on her heels to leave.
I kept my hand on the dress and sighed.

After having lunch and brushing my teeth, the ladies returned on their job.its already 3 pm in The afternoon and they have started my makeup and hair.
I requested less makeup.
I don't like fake skin.
I wore my dress and adjusted my duppata on my shoulder and tangled them between my hands.
I wore earings and few bangles and my mother's anklets. I tapped my toes on The floor and anklets made the Jing Jing sound which made me smile. Now I'm ready.

 Now I'm ready