5) THE WEDDING ~[i]

Today after the Haldi and Mehendi ceremony I was very happy I was literally glowing. The ceremony was successful, everyone enjoyed themselves. Even I was laughing after so long .I couldn't remember the last time when I was this happy.

I always wanted a prince charming to come and take me away from this hell to his place.
I always dreamed of someone to love me which I never got in this house.
Now I will have my mother in law who will love meand husband who would protect me and love me.
Shushant, I love him already but I don't know,I feel something strange in my gut. He had not called me after our date that day nor has he picked my calls. But I pushed all these feely aside.

I was standing in my balcony gazing up the moon when suddenly my stepmother walked to me and pulled me inside by my arm

"Choti maa..." I called
But she cut me off "MADAM" she stated firmly and I looked down , bowing my head.
"Listen carefully you girl, I didn't wanted to but had to come because your father ..no ....my husband asked me to talk to you.
Listen to me carefully. You are getting married tomorrow.
You will be in your in laws by tomorrow night . So you better start behaving like good girl. We tolerated you because unfortunately you are blood of this house but they won't."
I looked at her is she worried about me. My papa, is he worried about me? He cares for me that's why they are asking me to behave properly infront of my in laws.

I smiled and nodded

She narrowed her eyes and said. "Good because as you know our families were enemies and this marriage is bringing us together.
So now if you're not treated there properly. They abuse you or you are not happy there then .......you are welcome ...... obviously not"she said and laughed a little
Breaking my heart and my eyes became wet. They don't love me

"Oh hush now, stop that tears.
You will no longer be a responsibility of this family now.
And now take a nap of one half an hour give your eyes rest.they should not look puffy and red and you better smile through out the day . I will send a maid tomorrow with your lunch you don't need breakfast at least look slim fit one day.... And then you will start getting ready. The beauticians will be here."
And then she started going out the door but suddenly she stopped and turned to me once again. "and you better always hide those scars ,All . The. Time." She said and slammed the door behind her locking it from outside.

Yes she always locks the door from outside at nights. God knows why. Maybe she thinks I will run away or steal her precious jewelry.

And yes I have some small scars here and there on my thigh, shoulder and the palm of my feet. The places which could be
Hidden easily.
Obviously she has given me those scars when I was little.

Deciding not to think much I switched off lights and went to bed. Wiping my tears I just thought of one person. "मांँ... I miss you."
(Mom)

I even didn't have any picture of her. MADAM made sure I never knew how my mom looked. But I know she is beautiful.
Thinking of her o just dozed off into deep slumber.

********Next day*********

Here I'm all ready, sitting in front of my dressing table.

My dress is so beautiful.my make up done perfectly.
My dress is like typical red wedding saree and blouse with heavy jewellery gust like queens would dress up in their wedding in ancient days
It was difficult for me to handle all these but MADAM said that it will hide my ugliness properly.

My dress is like typical red wedding saree and blouse with heavy jewellery gust like queens would dress up in their wedding in ancient days It was difficult for me to handle all these but MADAM said that it will hide my ugliness properly

I was waiting for someone to take me downstairs

I was waiting for someone to take me downstairs. बारात (groom and his family) has already arrived.
Note- बारात always comes to the bride's house dancing and burning crackers they enjoy to and welcome the new life of the couple. The groom brings all his loved ones with him to take his wife

 The groom brings all his loved ones with him to take his wife

Soon there was knock on my door.
Soon new two of my cousins came in and smiled. Rest of my relatives Don't know about this MADAM bulkshit .they think we are a happy family. And I'm not close to them. But my stepbrother is.
I covered my face with the veil.

I reached for the door of my room

Here it comes. I will never step back into this room as old me. Within few hours I will Mrs. Shraddha shushant Singh Rajput. What long name.

My future is waiting for me.
Thinking this I stepped out of the room.

*********************
I'm trying my best to advertise the Indian culture wedding of Hinduism
Although you will see different types of wedding across the country depending on religion and state.
This is how weddy take place in my religion, in central India .
I have not seen many weddings
And also I have not experienced any south indian wedding so, I don't know anything about it's custom.

Yeah ...... I'm not south indian.
I'm from bihar. but lives in Mumbai.

Anyways I was just blabbling I guess.

Hope you enjoyed.
There will another part of this wedding. I will write about the traditions and importance of wedding.

Please hit the🌟
And ✉️ comment.

Words~909