CHAPTER XII

Nitya's POV

Yesterday Night only we all left for Delhi as not wanting Viraj to get idea of what we are doing. At morning we reached Shivraj uncles house. They are very sweet people. I met Samrat he is also very polite and good looking. The date which our parents decided for marriage was day after tomorrow.

I am still confused about what I am doing is right or not. Samrat is a nice person but I am not sure that if I wanted to marry him or not. But I dont think that I have any option. Dad had promised Shivraj uncle.

I switched of my phone as my dad dont want viraj to find us for next two days.

Today me and samrat went for shopping together as our parents wanted us too. We also had lunch together. He held my hand while walking but I took my hand back. I dont know but I feel strange. He didnt say anything about that incident but maintained certain  distance. He is going to be my husband and holding hands is not a big deal but I dont feel it right. May be its because I met viraj yesterday and the moment we shared. But I should not think about Viraj. But I am. Ugh.

Our parents are happy because of this marriage. They were constantly talking about how will they plan against viraj more than our marriage. I never wanted a marriage like this. It feels like some kind of buisiness is going on here.

Tonight Samrat called me on the terrace and he promised alot of things to me like he will keep me happy and all. After that he tried to kiss me but I got away from him. After that he said sorry and he will give me my space until I accept this marriage until then we will be like good friends. I like that he understood me. 
____________________________________

I wake up early today as we have a lots of ceremonies today. At first I have my Haldi(turmeric) ceremony in morning. Then we have sangeet and engagement at night.

I took bath and got ready for haldi. I wore yellow lehenga for  the ceremony.

For the ceremony both of our family members were there and some of their relatives only

For the ceremony both of our family members were there and some of their relatives only. Samrat was also wearing yellow kurta. First his mother applied turmeric to him. Then his sisters and aunt. After that they all applied turmeric to me. They all seemed happy. After that everybody applied turmeric to eachother. We had fun. After that my whole day went with samrat's family member as they were telling me their rituals and customs and all.

In the evening I got ready for our engagement.

We placed engagement rings on each others finger

We placed engagement rings on each others finger. Everybody cheered and then everybody danced alot. It was fun.

I was tired because of all these ceremonies. Tomorrow is the marriage and I am worried about everything. How will everything be after marriage? Will I ever fall in love with Samrat? And most importantly I am curious about what viraj is doing right now knowing that I am disappeared somewhere. I really hope he didnt find out about this marriage. I am sacred that if he did then he might kill everyone.

Sleep took over me as I went to the bed. Hope so tomorrow everything will happened perfectly.
___________________________________

I woke up early as I have to get ready for the wedding. My dad was very happy today. He said that he is proud of me and cried hugging me. I never thought that I will have to leave my parents so soon.

After that I got ready for my wedding. Marriage was going to take place in a big hotel near Raichand's house.

I reached at the hotel with my parents. I was wearing a beautiful red and green lehenga.

I made my mind that this is my destiny and I have to accept it

I made my mind that this is my destiny and I have to accept it. I put a smile on my face and entered the Mandap with my parents. There was a beautiful Mandap decorated.  Many new people were there which were unknown to me may be they were Samrat's relatives. Samrat came forward to take my hand from my father and made me stand besides him. He complimented me that I look beautiful which I replied with a thank you.

 He complimented me that I look beautiful which I replied with a thank you

Priest started chanting mantra. He told us to exchange garlands. I was about to put garland in Samrat's neck as a gun shot was heard and samrat collapsed on the ground. I looked towards the entrance as viraj was standing with his men with guns. He came towards me as a lion walking towards his prey. Samrat's parents were held by viraj's men. Also other guests were held by viraj's men. My parents were in shock and I was not understanding what just happened in one minute.

" Start the ceremony. Groom is here now." Viraj said to the priest as he held my hand and made me put the garland in his neck.
____________________________________

Dear Readers,

Please VOTE and COMMENT🙂