7. Fire in her heart

(RaeAnna's POV)

The next day I was waiting as patiently as I could while my sister was out getting Dakota to come and see me. I know I should probably wait until the IV'S could be taken out to see him, but I couldn't wait any longer. He won't understand why I've been gone so long. I have to see his face, his eyes to rest my ongoing fear. William was still out there, watching, waiting. It was a feeling I could feel down to the depths of my soul.

I wanted him to pay for what he did, forgive me, but I wanted him dead. At least that way I'd have less worries. I've never had these thoughts, he is the reason we can't at least live a somewhat normal life. Why couldn't he just leave us alone?

My eyes welled up with unshed tears. Not for myself, no, but for Dakota. He is such an amazing little boy, with such a beautiful soul. He doesn't deserve a life like this. 

I would relive the day I got stabbed over and over if that meant Dakota would live a happy life.

"Rae!" Dakota's sweet, innocent voice called out to me.

"Hi baby. Oh, I've missed you so, so much. Come give me a hug my little man."

"Be careful Kota." Carrie called out.

I sent a glare her way. "He's fine Carrie."

I love my sister, but I needed to feel close to my brother. Carrie wouldn't understand, she couldn't. We are just siblings to her. Dakota is like my son. I care for him. I am basically his mother, no matter how young I may seem to everyone else.

"Are you okay sissy?" Dakota asks.

"Yes baby. I am now that you are here. I love you."

2 weeks later

I am finally about to be discharged from this stupid hospital. Thank God, I was beginning to go stir crazy in this place. All the machines beeping and doctors coming in and out all hours of the night, is enough to turn anyone insane.

The police questioned me a few days ago, I told them everything I knew. They said it would be best if I didn't live with my mom for a while, I couldn't agree more.

I would be staying at my grandma's house with Dakota.

"You ready pretty girl?" Carrie asks.

"God yes, get me out of here, now!" Carrie let out a hearty chuckle at that. "Okay let's go."

1 month later

(Carine's POV)

I'm home alone, in the dark. I don't have my kids. My husband left me. I have no one. Everybody is angry with me and I don't blame them. I would be enraged if I was put into their shoes. I don't care about anything anymore because I have nothing. William took everything from me, shattered me.