47. Vengeance

(RaeAnna's POV)

Waking up that morning, I was still tired from last night's low blood sugar, but I had something crucial I had to take care of today. I know this will in no way take away even an ounce of the pain I've had to endure, but it will finally give me a chance to heal my broken soul, to mend my shattered spirit.

I will never be able to take back the innocence he stole from beneath my feet, I'll find some way to grieve it later. I had business to attend to and the clock was ticking.

Lincoln was still asleep in my bed, looking so serene. "I would have never been able to do this without you." I whisper out. A small smile appears on his lips, eyes still shut. "You will never have to do anything alone." He whispers back, opening his eyes slowly. I chuckle. "Were you just pretending to be asleep?" I question him. "Maybe, I figured you liked to watch me sleep. I could feel your eyes on me, you know. But who can blame you? I am pretty cute." He says jokingly, we both giggle. I slap his arm gently. "Oh Link, you are such a handful." I tell him. "Well at least I'm a cute handful." He wiggles his eyebrows up and down. "Gosh, what am I going to do with you?" I inquire, he fake pouts, poking his bottom lip out. "Keep me forever?" I smirk. "Always." I wink at him.

The air then grows serious when we remember what day it is. "What time will we be heading out?" I ask him. "Let me just call my uncle, okay?" I nod, exhaling a breath. "Okay."

While he talks to Chester, I check my blood sugar, it's 168. It's a little high so I go into the kitchen to get my insulin from the fridge to take a shot. After thats done, I grab some clothes, heading to the bathroom to take a quick shower. I opted for a dark red shirt and black shorts. I pack my bag with my diabetes supplies while I wait for Lincoln to finish up his phone call.

Once he has finished he comes to stand in front of me, taking both of my hands in his. "He will be here in an hour. Why don't we try to eat a little something before he gets here? I'll make us all some breakfast. Come on." He pulls my arm softly, leading me to the kitchen. "You sit and I'll cook." He says. "I'll help you." He gives me a stern look. "No way. Not happening. You just sit and relax beautiful, let me handle this." I do as he says.

He makes a full breakfast with eggs, bacon, sausage and some hash browns. He goes to the fridge, grabbing my insulin, then he grabs a syringe. "How much do you need to take?" I count the carbs. "3 units." He draws it up, pulling up my sleeve. "May I? I want to learn everything I can about this disease. I look at him wide-eyed. "You sure?" I ask. "Positive." He replies. I nod my head, a little unsure, but I trust him. "Okay." He does it quickly, all I feel is a little pinch and it's over. "Thank you sir." He stands and does a little bow, then he goes to make me a plate. He makes sure I get the first one.

Grandma and Dakota walk into the kitchen. "It smells good in here!" Dakota exclaims. "Did you make us breakfast, you sweet boy?" Gramma Rosie asks Lincoln. "I sure did." He responds.

After I eat I put my plate into the sink. Gunnar comes to stand by my feet, I look down at him. "Bathroom?" He turns his head sideways. "Woof." I take him to the back yard, Lincoln follows. We both look up to the sky, seeing storm clouds rolling in pretty quickly. The sky is growing darker by the minute, mimicking my mood.

About 30 minutes later, Chester's truck pulls into the driveway. I grab everything I need, along with a jacket in case it starts to rain. I tell my grandma and Dakota goodbye. Chester, Lincoln and I set off to his house, to take care of what should have been taken care of a long time ago.

(William's POV)

I've been in this fucking cage for weeks now. The drugs that bastard Chester has been injecting into my bloodstream keeps me frail and weak. I have no energy to fight. He gives me a half a cup of water every day, with cooked up cockroaches to eat. I am so hungry, I'll eat anything. Once I get my strength back, they will all regret this, when they are 6 feet beneath the ground.