43. Scrutinize

(Lincoln's POV)

I need to go to my uncle's house today, to see if he has any new leads on where William is at. I'm tired of RaeAnna living her life in constant fear, tired of her living with the built-up anger he has caused her for years. I know that even after he dies that anger won't diminish completely, but it could at least give her a sense of security in her life.

I thought about bringing her along with me, but I didn't want her to get upset if there wasn't anything to go on. I asked my dad to take me. He had to go to the office for work, so he agreed to drop me off. After I was done talking to my uncle I would have him take me to her house.

Since Rosie got us both cell phones with unlimited minutes I decided to send RaeAnna a text.

'Hey beautiful girl. I will come by your house in about an hour. Sound good?' I hit send. Not even 20 seconds later she responds. 'Ofcourse handsome. See u then.' I'm sure I wouldn't be able to hide my smile even if I tried.

"Who are you texting?" My dad wonders out loud. "Ann." I reply. "I should have known." He says suggestively.

He pulls up to Uncle Chester's. "I'm going to have uncle chess take me to RaeAnna's after." He shakes his head. "Ofcourse you are. I'll see you in a little while then."

I ring the doorbell, he answers within 15 seconds. "Come in Link." He says. "Got anything?" I inquire. "As a matter of fact, I do. Now we don't know for sure if this is him or not, but there's hope." He opens his laptop so I can see. "For the last three days the SUV has been making a 2-hour trip. Later in the night it goes back here." He points to the screen. "That's only 45 minutes from here. I'm going to be making a little trip soon. I won't do anything just yet, we will wait at least a month before I do anything, just want to get a feel of the places they often go to. See how many people are at these places, what kind of ammunition they're packing. I'm just going to watch for a little while to see what they're up to, see if I can find out for sure if William is around. Once I find out their routine I'll be able to make a plan, for now we watch."

He takes in the skeptical look on my face. "Don't worry, we will find the bastard and make him suffer 100 times more than the way he has made her suffer for years. We will get him."

"Okay good. This is all so stressful. I can't imagine how Ann feels." He bites his lip thinking hard about something. "Why don't we take everyone out to eat tonight? We could all use a little distraction from all of this." My eyes light up at the idea. "I bet Ann would love that." I pull out my phone to send a text to her.

'Tell your gramma not to make dinner tonight' I hit send

'Why?' She replies.

'Its a suprise' I send back to her.

'Very mysterious link'

'Wear something nice or just wear whatever you want. You will look pretty in whatever you choose :) :) tell Rosie and Kota to get ready to. see u soon'