8. Tranquility before chaos

(RaeAnna's POV)

Another 6 months gone by.

I am now 11 years old. I will be starting 7th grade soon. Dakota is 6, he is getting so big, so quick. I can't believe it. He will be an acceptable man some day, he is already quite an extraordinary young boy. I know he will do remarkable things some day.

I have to leave for the next school year, to go to a different school, since I will be in Jr. High. I am pretty nervous to go to a different school. I wonder how different it will be from elementary. I will have to leave Dakota. I'm petrified for that, but I'm hoping he will be able to manage. I've taught him several of my self defense moves, just in case he needs to use them. He sure is a quick learner, I am so proud of him.

Sarah and I are best friends now, I think I knew we would become close after I found out she likes butterflies as much as I do. We have a lot in common, though we never really talk about our personal lives much, I was okay with that. "Hey RaeAnna, I'm having my birthday party in 2 weeks. Do you want to come? Please say you will come. I don't think I'll be able to make it without you." Sarah asked, with hopeful eyes.

I snickered at the pouty look on her face. "Calm your horses Sar. I have to ask my Gramma first, but I'm sure she will say yes. She's pretty cool for an old lady." She giggled and agreed.

Me and Sarah both love Gramma Rosie. Her grandma passed away a couple years ago, she reminds her of her own grandmother. Sarah has came over a lot to have sleepovers. Gramma said her aura was almost as bright as mine, almost.

Nobody has seen or heard from William in over a year. I would feel better if the police could find him, but they can't seem to track him down. I know he is still out there, waiting to strike. He will come back, he always does.

Day of Sarah's party

My Gramma said yes to the party, I knew she would. She is an amazing lady, I owe her my life. She takes much better care of us than Carine didI hated to leave Dakota behind, but I'm still just a kid and deserve to have some fun every once in a while, it will only be for a couple of hours.

"Oh my gosh! RaeAnna you made it! I thought you'd never come." Sarah practically screamed in my ear."Sheesh, that's quite a set of pipes you got there Sar."

She chuckled. "Sorry."

"I told you I would come. Did I not?" Sarah rolled her eyes playfully. "Come on, I want you to meet a few of my friends from the neighborhood." Sarah said, excitedly. "This is Luke, Vanessa, Oliver, Keven, Axel, Rachel and Bishop." She exclaimed, while pointing to each of them. I waved, shyly. "Hi guys. I'm RaeAnna."

They all smiled brightly and said hello to me, except for Axel. He gave me an uneasy feeling for some reason. I need to try and avoid him, something about him feels off. His dark eyes are almost black, the way he is staring at me gave me goosebumps all over my body and not the pleasant kind, like he is trying to stare straight through my soul to see what's inside. I tried my hardest to stay away from him, but everywhere I went he would follow, watching me from behind a wall or pretending to be socializing with the other kids. He always had his eye on me, it was starting to freak me out. What is his deal?