10. The mission

I had a dreadful feeling impending when I woke up this morning. The air around me was thick. Something bad was going to happen. I'm not sure what it was or how I felt it, but I knew whatever it was, was anything but good.

No matter what was going through my head I still had to get up and get ready to head to school. I thought about playing hooky today, but Gramma would know right away that I was faking it.

Eventually I lazily flopped my legs over the bed, grabbing my outfit for the day out of the drawers and drag myself to the bathroom to have a quick shower. It was pretty hot out today so I decided to go with my royal blue sun dress with black flats. Simple, but elegant, I pulled my hair up into a ponytail. I glanced at myself in the mirror and headed to wake up Dakota to get him ready. Once we were both ready we headed to the livingroom to meet Gramma.

"Are you two munchkins ready?" Gramma rosie asks us. I smirk. "Yes Gramma, we're both ready to go."

"Okay just go and grab your lunches off of the kitchen counter and let's go. I made you both turkey and cheese sandwiches with a few extra goodies inside."

"Yay! I love turkey and cheese." Dakota states, excitedly. "Okay sweet peas. Both of you get into the car. I have a few errands to run."

I walk inside of the school to head to my first class with Mrs. Halbore. "Goodmorning RaeAnna." She says in her usual chirpy voice. "Goodmorning." I say back, with a small wave.

I go to take my seat in the back of the classroom. The students quickly begin to fill up the seats around me. Mrs. Halbore starts teaching, but I just can't focus on what she's saying. I still had that bad feeling looming over my head. What is wrong with me?

The bell shocked me; I was lost deep in thought. Class went by faster than I had realized. My next class was math with Mr. Allard. He was a very serious man with a permanent scowl etched on his face, I don't think I have ever seen him smile.

I had this class with Lincoln. When I seen him walk in I couldn't stop myself from staring at him. He was so cute. His blue eyes found mine, I had been caught looking. He smirked and winked at me before sitting down. I blushed and look away, embarrassed.

I walk into the cafeteria with Sarah holding onto my arm. "Lunch is my favorite class." She states.
I chuckle. "I don't think lunch is considered a class Sar." She just shrugs her shoulders at me. "Whatever. It should be one. I would definitely get an A."

I roll my eyes playfully at her then went to go sit down. I open my sack lunch and begin to eat my sandwich. I see my Grandma also put a small bowl of fruit, some watermelon juice and a coconut cookie inside of my bag, I love that woman.

"Hey RaeAnna?" I already knew who it was. "Yes link?" I ask with a small grin tugging at my lips.

"I...um..can I sit with you today? I see you're sitting alone."

"Ofcourse, I don't see why not."

"We never got to hang out." Link inquires. "I...yeah sorry about that. My life is pretty chaotic."

"Chaotic? How so?"

"Um..theres just a lot of stuff I'm going through at the moment."

"A penny for your thoughts?"

"Sorry, I don't think so link."

"I just want to get to know you a little better is all. How about this? I'll tell you a little about myself, then you can tell me about you. Whenever you're ready."

"Hmm..no promises." I say, shyly. He snickers lightly. "Okay fair enough.. my full name is Lincoln Rob Abbott. I'm 12 years old. I live with my dad. I love basketball and baseball. I want to learn how to play the guitar. I've always wanted to be in a band. It's one of my dreams. I'm originally from Washington. I have 4 siblings. 2 brothers and 2 sisters, they are all older than me and don't live me my dad and I. I love the color orange. My parents are divorced, have been for a while, but I still see my mom sometimes. I-"