32. Blindsided

(Lincoln's POV)

I am at RaeAnna's house, I have just finished reading her letter, my only thought being, she is a genius, a tracker of course. Why didn't I think of that? I know the perfect person to help us with this, we wouldn't even have to pay for it, the only problem is how I would be able to convince him. The letter they wrote to her made me sick to my stomach, made me want to empty the contents inside, what they are threatening her to do is absolutely heinous, monstrous, downright pure evil.

My uncle Chester, my mom's brother actually has some trackers that he used to catch his ex-wife cheating on him about a year ago. How could I get him to give one to me? Could I take one without him noticing? No, I can't do that. He is also a mechanic at Kwik Kar. I'm going to need his help installing it to where it can't be found. How are we going to do this? I need to talk to RaeAnna and see what she thinks of it.

"Hey Ann? I got a plan, I just need your help figuring out the details." We talked for the next hour using our code language, not knowing if they were listening, writing down what we didn't understand, going back and forth tossing each other ideas. We think this might work, we can only hope that it does.

"We are actually doing this, aren't we?" RaeAnna questions. "Yes we are, let's just pray that this plan is fools proof."

My dad has just picked me up from her house. I need to have a talk with him about seeing Uncle Chester, we haven't seen him in almost a month, but we have always been pretty close with him. "Dad?" I say, a question in my tone. "Yes?" He looks up to meet my eyes. "I miss uncle Chester. Can we go visit him?" His eyes light up at the mention of my uncle. Him and my dad have always been like brothers, showing their love towards one another like they were long-lost brothers they've never had the opportunity to have. "He just called me yesterday. Let's go visit him today. He said he has the day off." I jump at the chance. "Okay yeah. Let's go." My dad chuckles, his deep laugh rumbling through him. "Okay just give me 15 minutes and we will head out."

We head to his house, typing in the passcode for the large iron gates and go down his long, paved driveway. I am always astonished everytime I come here, he has bright red maple trees surrounding his house, it reminds me of something I've seen in pictures, looking like some kind of sunset forest. The view usually fills me with a calming peace, but then I remember what I am here to do.

We get out of the truck, walking onto his enormous wrap around porch to ring the doorbell. He answers, his smile lighting up his features, he has light brown hair, complimenting his light brown eyes. "There is my two favorite men. Come in, come in. I was just fixing up some lunch. I'm making chicken and vegetable kabobs. Are y'all hungry? I know I am." I laugh at his hyper energy, almost like a child, if you are able to look past his visible wrinkles.

"Yeah uncle chess. I could eat." I respond. We walk inside, my mind reminding me of what needs to be done. "Did you do something different to the place?" My dad questions looking around. "Oh yeah, thought I would lighten the color up a bit in here." He replies.

They talk for about 35 minutes, rambling about, catching up with each other, when my dad receives a phone call. "I need to take this boys. Don't mind me, I'll just step outside. This might be important. Work calls. I shouldn't be too long." He answers his phone, then heads out to the front porch. This is my chance, I'm not going to miss it.