Blood

Two hours later and I was covered in blood. My anger had drained out of me and needed to wash off the day's work. 

I caught my reflection in the mirror above the sink in Alastor's bathroom. There was a smudge of blood on my right cheek. The crimson streak made the reality of what had happened sink in. 

"How are you feeling?" Alastor appeared in the mirror behind me. I turned to see him standing in the doorway. 

"I'm not sure," I replied, telling the truth. 

Alastor moved a bit closer, "Come on, admit it. You enjoyed it. You took revenge on the man who tormented your family and killed you. And best yet, the entire world will know about it as soon as the tape is released."

I locked eyes with Alastor, "You were a serial killer before you died. Tell me, are you teaching me to be one too?"

Alastor looked delighted at the question, "I am only helping you fulfill your ambition, my dear."

He took another step closer so that we were only an inch or so away from each other. Reaching up, he cupped my face in one hand. I didn't shy away from his touch, in fact, after such brutality the soft touch was welcome. 

Slowly, he lowered his lips to mine in a soft brush of a kiss. I knew I had blood on my face and clothes, and despite everything that had happened today, I relished the kiss. My hands gripped the lapels of his suit jacket, pulling him tighter to me as he deepened the kiss. 

Kissing a man after what I had done today had an odd sort of sweetness to it, like eating a cookie after tasting a lemon. I sank into the kiss as my body pressed against his. Alastor's arms wrapped around me, momentarily erasing every memory of what I had done today, even wiping the smear of blood from my face.