The Proposal

I showed up on Alastor's doorstep promptly at eight the next morning. I knew it was early, but sleeping with the knowledge someone was tied up in Alastor's basement wasn't the best frame of mind for sleeping. I had spent half the night tossing and turning until the sheets were pulled loose and knotted around my legs.

"Well good morning," Alastor greeted as he opened the door, "Ready to get to work?"

Stepping into the hall, I replied, "Yeah, Jordan will be here soon with the camera." 

Alastor's grin grew wider, "Wonderful. That gives us a bit of time then. Come on, I want to show you something."

I gave him a confused look as he led me back outside. We walked down the porch steps and took a right onto the sidewalk. Walking beside the lanky Radio Demon, I looked around to see where we were headed.

"Ah, here we are," Alastor said with a flourishing wave of his hand towards a run down victorian styled house. 

"What exactly am I looking at?" I looked from the house to Alastor and back again.

Alastor looked amused as he explained, "I was thinking last night after our conversation. You wanted to do more than just exact your revenge on Fred and this house is the answer. We offer the girls victimized by men like Fred a way out, a halfway house of sorts."

"A rehabilitation center," I said, finally catching on, "For those who want a way out."

Alastor nodded as he turned back to the house, "I'll make you a deal. I'll fund the remodeling and furnishing of the house in exchange for exclusive rights to deal with their pimps."

I raised an eyebrow, "You mean you want to torture and kill them."

"A fair trade, don't you think?" He grinned at me.

Shrugging, I turned back to look at the house, "Just don't track blood on the carpet and I don't give a rat's ass what you do to them."