𝑶𝒏𝒆-𝑨𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒐𝒏

"Are you ready?" My dad called me from downstairs as I had just finished getting changed.

"Coming!" I shouted back cheerily.

I lived alone with my dad. My mum passed away when I was 11. Although it was 5 years ago now, I still remembered the day like it just happened and it hurts to think about it when you remember it so clearly.

Today was one of my favourite days. Each week we go to a new area to drop flyers into peoples homes. The flyers are about my dad's very own company. He works for himself so we try to promote it as much as we can. He fits WiFi and security systems and stuff like that.

I also work for him although I'm only 16. I do some of the paperwork and the social media promotions as I don't trust my dad to do that. You know what older people are like with social media. I also go to jobs with him to keep him company and help out when he needs me.

I chose where we were going today and the place I wanted to go was Berkshire; the reason being, my celebrity crush lives there. Well, they're a duo called Max and Harvey and I like Max.

Now I didn't expect to see them, obviously, but I thought it would be a nice change of scenery and a nice little adventure. Dad also laughed when I suggested it because he knows my obsession with Max and Harvey.

I ran downstairs, not forgetting to pick up my bag with the flyers in, and slipped on my shoes. When I got into the passenger seat of his van I plugged my phone into the aux chord.

Once my dad had finished locking up the house and got in the car, I started to play my music. Harry Styles, obviously. My dad and I thought he was so cool and we were going to his concert in March. I was so excited although it was a year away.

It was a half an hour drive to Berkshire with Harry Styles booming through the speakers and me and my dads horrendous singing. I only sing badly in the car though. I actually have a massive passion for music but this was one of those moments that make me the happiest and that I'll never forget.

My dad pulled onto a suburban road and parked outside of a house. I got out of the van stretching a little and then grabbing my bag with the flyers.

"These are for you." I said, handing my dad half of the pile when he walked up to me.

"Why thank you hun." He said putting his hand on my head and ruffling my hair.

He's always struggled being a single dad so he doesn't really know what to do in some situations. Sometimes it would be awkward, like the first meal he made after mom passed away. It was bad but he was learning and I couldn't complain.

"See you in about half an hour!" He shouted to me as he turned and walked away from me.

I liked this bit. I got to have a little time to myself. I put in my headphones and turned on a playlist I had made with my best friend, Willow. We had combined some of her favourite songs and mine together and then of course the ones we both liked.

I walked down the street posting flyers through letter boxes and occasionally dancing a little to the music. I came across a lovely big house that was white with black panels of wood. The door was a light shade of brown and the driveway was made of grey gravel which kind of made the house stand out more. It looked beautiful and I could only imagine living in a house like that.

As I walked up the driveway to drop a flyer through the door, I heard dogs barking. I then looked to one of the windows in the house and realised that there was a golden Labrador retriever barking at me. I smiled to myself before dropping a flyer through the letter box and continuing my walk.

Nearly 20 minutes later I ran out of flyers and headed back to the van. When I got there I saw that my dad was already waiting.
"Beat you!" He said laughing.
"Ok. I have to make dinner then." I say.
I actually quite like making dinner. It gives my dad time to relax and I can try new things with food.

We drove home, listening to my dads music this time. We danced around in our seats and laughed and sang along.