𝑺𝒊𝒙-𝑴𝒂𝒙

Yesterday was a long day. It was all filming and then writing and then no one walked Freddie so obviously it was my job.

At 2:51 in the afternoon, I'm woken up by the doorbell ringing. I groan and rub my eyes as I stretch out my back. A yawn escapes my mouth and just then my mum comes into my bedroom holding a washing basket.

"Morning!" I say, groggily.
"Max, it's nearly 3pm." She says, starting to pick up random clothes off the floor.
"Oh. Who's at the door?" I ask curiously.
"The man dad hired to do the WiFi. He's only inspecting today. He'll be doing the actual job tomorrow."

She leaves my room, not closing the door behind her. Mum only does that so I have to get up out of my bed and then it makes me start my day anyways.

I sit up and swing my legs round to the edge of my bed. I get up slowly and get changed. Chatter comes from downstairs followed shortly by a little bit of laughter. My dad seems to get on nicely with him.

After 5 minutes of checking social media and updating my snapchat story, my stomach starts to growl in hunger. I make my way downstairs and greet Freddie at the bottom. I pat him on the head and move past him to the kitchen.

My dad and the other man were sat at the island talking about how much the job was going to cost.

My dad looks up at me and then to his watch.
"Good afternoon Max." He says laughing.
The man he was talking to turns around to face me. My dad gets up, the man following him.
"This is Kyle Jones," He says, "This is my other son, Max."
"Ah, nice to meet you." He holds out his hand for me to shake. I shake his and smile back at him politely.

They both sit back down again and I grab a bowl and pour out some cereal.
"So Max, Kyle is going to be doing our WiFi and he has a daughter that he'd like to bring tomorrow if that's okay with you."
"She's sixteen." Kyle cuts in.
"Of course!" I say a bit too quickly. They seem not to notice and continue.
"Ok, perfect."

I pour the milk over my cereal and start to eat, listening to my dad talk.
"Hey, Max! You're finally awake." Harvey snaps me out of my thoughts.
"Yeah sorry." I say back.
He rolls his eyes, "We need to film a new cover soon."
"Yeah I know."
He walks out of the kitchen and back into the sunroom, leaving me to listen to my dad talk again.

"Sorry to interrupt, but Mr Jones, what's your daughters name?" I ask.
"She's called Allison, and you don't have to call me Mr Jones, just call me Kyle."
I nod and finish my cereal quickly, leaving the room and rushing up the stairs to where I left my phone.

It was on my bed and as soon as it was in my hand, I went straight onto Instagram and searched "Allison Jones". I had to scroll a little but I found the girl I had seen out of the window the other day.

I scroll through her Instagram, being careful to not automatically double tap any photos. She was really pretty and I couldn't wait to meet her.

"MAX!" Harvey shouts from my door.
I look up, a little flustered.
"I called you like 3 times, geez." He rolls his eyes again.
"I'm coming now." I say calmly and get up.

As we walk down the stairs, Kyle is about to leave.
"Thank you." My dad says to him.
"No worries, nice to meet you boys. See you tomorrow." He says walking out the door.
"Nice to meet you too!" I say as he begins to walk away. I nod and when the front door closes Harvey rushes me into the bathroom to film a cover.