𝑺𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏-𝑨𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒐𝒏

As we walked out of the recording booth, I noticed Harvey sitting back down on the sofa. He had a mischievous grin on his face and he was staring at Max.

Max gave him a look as if to say 'what?'. Harvey just shook his head and leant back, crossing his arms over his chest.

"You guys sounded amazing together!" Willow squealed, jumping up to engulf me in a hug.

"Awwhh thanks." Max and I said in unison.

I looked at him and blushed slightly, giggling that we'd said the same thing at the same time. I caught his eye and he chuckled lightly, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Ok so!" Seth said, raising his voice to get our attention, "Boys, do you want to show them what you've been working on?"

"Sure!" Harvey says opening his laptop that he had brought with him.

I sit down next to where Willow had sat back down, Max sitting the other side of me. Seth watched Harvey intensely, waiting for him to start.

"This is just a demo." He warns, after a few moments tapping a button, causing music to start playing.

I tapped my foot on the ground to the beat and then some vocals came in. I looked at Max who was already looking at me and he seemed kind of nervous. He was tapping his leg too but in more of an anxious way and off beat. I placed my hand on the lower part of his leg, near his knee and he stopped.

"Hey, I know it can be scary sharing something you've worked hard on with other people because you don't know how they'll react but it sounds amazing." I whisper into his ear.

He places his hand over mine and I return my focus back to Harvey.

After the first chorus, there was a long instrumental part that hadn't been filled with vocals.

"This would be your part, hopefully." Max says quietly, watching my reaction.

I smile broadly, imagining my voice layered with theirs.

"So, what are the lyrics?" I asked curiously once the song had ended.

"Here!" Seth called, wheeling his chair over to where we were sat.

He held a piece of paper out to me with the lyrics typed out. I took it and kindly nodded my head, reading along.

"Can you sing the whole thing, even Allison's part, so she can get a rough idea?" Seth asked, wheeling back to his desk.

"Yeah."

Both the boys stood up and walked inside the booth. I watched both of the boys sliding on their headphones. Harvey brushed his hand through his hair before putting them on so his hair wasn't in his face.

Music filled the room and Max was the first one who sung. The veins in his neck were more defined when he sung and he hit every note perfectly. Harvey then came in at the pre-chorus and sung just as well as Max.

Then the boys reached my part. I listened closely, making sure I picked up every little detail.

When the song ended, I clapped and cheered, standing up from the sofa, suddenly experiencing a great rush of energy. The boys both smile bright and laugh at me.

Suddenly, my phone starts to vibrate in my pocket. I pull it out and look at the contact. It was my dad.

"Seth, do you mind telling the boys that my dad's called me and I need to take it?" I ask, heading toward the door.

"Will do." He says.

I smile at the boys before walking out of the room.

"Hey dad." I said after pressing the green accept call.

I learnt back on the wall of the hallway.

"Where are you? You're meant to be here at home." He asked, clearly worried.

"I went to meet up Max and Harvey again. I told you didn't I?" I asked having a slight recollection of telling him yesterday that I was going to see the boys again today.

"Oh right-yeah. I don't really remember much from yesterday actually. I was just super tired when I got in."

"Yeah I know."

"What are you up to then?"

"I don't know if I can tell you but we're at a recording studio. That'll probably give you an idea." I chuckled.

"Kyle?! Are you coming?" I heard a muffled female voice in the background.

"Listen darling, I've got to go."

"Ok, I love you." I said confused.

"Yeah, love you t-" He had hung up before he could finish his sentence.

I slowly removed the phone from my ear and pressed my head back into the wall. I let out a sigh thinking about who that woman was.

If my dad knew I wasn't home, he must be home, meaning that he had a girl round. Had he moved on from mum? He was so distraught at the time, how could he? I'm not even over it, nor James.

I plastered a smile back onto my face, pushing all my thoughts to the back of my mind for now.

"I'm back!" I said, pushing open the heavy door to the recording studio.

We then set to work, singing and editing until we had the result we wanted.