𝑬𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏-𝑨𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒐𝒏

"I did." I took a quick breath to calm down.
Max obviously spotted my immediate change in mood as he spoke up saying, "You don't have to tell us if you don't want to."

"No, no. It's ok. Um. He committed suicide a little after my mum passed." I murmured.

Harvey turns his whole body my way and leans over taking me by surprise and engulfing me in a hug.
"I don't know what to say." He says pulling away. Max just looks at us, a little speechless.
"It's fine. I'm fine. You don't have to say anything." I say smiling to cover up my hurt.

"Wow, it's been under half an hour and I feel like I've told you my whole life story." I chuckle. The boys laugh along too.

"Would you like a drink?" Sara says, making her way into the house from the garden.
"Could I just have a water please?" I ask.
"Of course."

One of the dogs had followed her into the house and plodded over to Max. "Hello Pippa." He says, scratching behind her ears.

"So what kind of music are you into?" Max asks.
"Um, my playlist is very mixed in genres. It can be anything from The Vamps and Lauv to Wolf Alice and The Foofighters." Max and Harvey nod.

"Here's your water darling." Sara says putting a glass down on a table next to the sofa.
"Thank you." I smile.
"And if you get hungry at any point or need anything just ask me or the boys." I smile again as she walks back outside.

"What type of music would you want to write though?" Max asks, still stroking Pippa.
"I think things like yours and Jenna's music."

"Right, I know this is a bit weird but do you mind if you sing for us? We'd love to hear your voice." Max smiles.
Suddenly my whole face flushes red with embarrassment but I decide to push that to the back of my mind. This could be a chance for me to get into the industry I've wanted to be in since I was 6.

"Y-yeah. Can I borrow Max's ukulele?" I ask, my hands shaking a bit as I take a sip of water. "Lets go upstairs." Max exclaims, jumping up off of the beanbag and leading the way.

We all walk up the first flight of stairs. "This is our siblings and parents bedrooms. Ours are up on the next floor." Harvey says looking back at me.

When we reach the top, we turn left and into Max's room. For a boys room it was considerably tidy, when James was alive, his room was always messy.

"Here you go!" Max says abruptly, snapping me out of my thoughts. In his hand was his ukulele and he was holding it up to me.
I take it from his hand and the two boys sit on the bed. I sit down at Max's desk and start strumming. My mind suddenly went to Yellow by Coldplay.

I start to sing a little too quiet but soon I realise that I am singing to impress and I shouldn't be afraid. When I look up, I catch Max's eye and he smiles at me a little astounded by my voice.
I sing the first verse and chorus of the song and finish there.

I look up and smile, proud of myself. Both boys erupt in a little chorus of claps and I bow, giggling nervously. The look at each other, Max smirking and Harvey nodding.
"Do you have a bathroom I can use quickly?" My voice a bit shaky.
"Yeah just left once you walk out the door."
"Thanks."

I rush into the bathroom and quickly lock the door behind me. As I lean against the door breathing heavily I can hear the mumbles of the boys but I can't quite make out what they're saying. Before I leave, I splash my face with a bit of water and dry it off. Taking one last deep breath in, I walk out the door and back into Max's bedroom.

"Hey." I say.
"That was great!" Harvey started.
"Amazing, actually." Max cut him off.
"But, we'd love to see how far we can push you, if that makes sense." Harvey continues.
"Right, but I would need to warm up and stuff." I say.
"What are you doing tomorrow? We're going to the studio and we think you should join us." Max asked.

Was I just invited to hang out with Max and Harvey again, doing the thing I'm most passionate about? Woah.

"I'm free yeah." I say.
"Great, what's your number?"
I exchange phone numbers with the boys and thank them.
"Honestly, thank you! You have so much potential." Max compliments. I feel my cheeks redden and smile.
"Are you hungry?" Harvey asks.
"Yeah, I could eat."