𝑬𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕-𝑨𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒐𝒏

It was a little earlier than I would've liked it to be when my dad came into my room to wake me up. I'm quite a deep sleeper but as I'm extremely excited, I was already half awake.
"Allison!" My dad shouts, opening my bedroom door, "Time to get up."
"Mhm." I hum lazily.

After another 5 minutes of dozing, I decide to get up and get ready. I don't want to look like I've put too much effort into it but I still want to look nice. Today, it is absolutely boiling so I decide on a black spaghetti strap top with light blue jean shorts. I put on hardly any makeup with a quick spray of my favourite perfume. Finally, I go to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

"Ready?" I hear my dad ask from the foot of the stairs.
"Yep!" I say just as I spit out my toothpaste. I rinse out my mouth and rush down the stairs, two at a time. At the bottom of the stairs, a breakfast bar had been placed next to my shoes. I quickly slip on my trainers and run out to my dads van, not forgetting my breakfast bar.

This time, on the way to Berkshire, we listen to Coldplay, Wolf Alice and Scouting for girls. I remember a couple of years ago, me and my dad went to see Wolf Alice and they were amazing! (True story). Again, we sing along to the music at the top of our lungs.

Halfway through the journey, I start eating my bar and turn down the music.
"So how long do you think this is going to take?" I ask.
"We'll probably be there for most of the day." He replies.
My smile grows broader as I stare out at the road ahead of us, thinking about how fun today will be.

"You're excited, aren't you?" My dad chuckles.
"Can you tell?" I laugh back.
I turn the music back up and sway from side to side when Yellow by Coldplay came on.

After another 15 minutes of driving, we arrive at the same house I stood in-front of when we delivered the flyers. I knew it looked familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it. It makes sense now, the dog was Freddie. I exhale slowly, remembering I'm here to help my dad and not just bail and try to hang out with the boys.

Once my dad turns the engine off, I'm ready to get to work. I open the passenger door and get out, making my way to the back of the van to get out tools. Dad takes the heavier things and walks up to the door. I follow behind and dad rings the doorbell. Almost immediately, the same dog that I saw last time was barking in the window. I smile, looking down at my shoes and bitting my lip nervously.

The door swings open, revealing Paul looking a little hot and bothered.
"Hiya mate," My dad says.
"Hello again, Kyle. This is your daughter, right?" My dad nods in response to Paul.
"Nice to meet you Allison." He says putting out his hand.
"Nice to meet you too." I say shaking his hand.

When we step inside, I see no sign of the boys but I hear commotion and laughter coming from the back of the house. The dogs come running into the hallway to meet us. I love dogs so I start petting them and saying hello.

We put the tools down next to where we're going to work. My dad and Paul start up some regular conversation, asking how each other was and that. I look at the walls and see family pictures and smile to myself. There was a time where we had family pictures up. They're all boxed up somewhere now, my dad doesn't really like to be reminded of my mum and my brother that much.

"Max, Harvey!" Paul shouts, moving slightly into the kitchen. Suddenly, a wave of anxiety hits me. My stomach fills with butterflies and I start to breathe a little heavier. The boys walk in a couple seconds later, also looking a little hot and bothered.

I try to calm myself down again and look up at the boys. They're both looking at me, smiling. Max and I lock eyes for a few moments before I look away. Then I decide to speak up.
"H-hi!" I say putting out my hand.
The only thought running through my head is, 'Do I tell them if I'm a fan or not?'

"I'm a big fan of your guys' music." They both shake my hand but don't seem fazed by what I had said.
"It's nice to meet you Allison." Max says, smiling.
"Nice to meet you too."

Harvey turns the attention away from me for a minute, "Dad we still need help moving the trampoline."
"Alright, give me one moment." Paul says.
"Do you need any help?" My dad asks.
"Sure. That would great!"

When we walk out to the garden, we were greeted with Sara and Tilly playing a game with bean bags.
"Hiya!" Sara says from where she was.
"Hello!" I say back, cheerily.

I watch as the two men and two teenagers struggle to move the trampoline from one side of the garden to the other. I laugh a little. Max smiles at me when he hears me laughing.
Apparently I wasn't allowed to help because it was "a mans job".

Tilly comes up to me, after she had won to her mum at the game they were playing.
"You're really pretty. I'm Tilly." She says, looking up at me.
"Thank you Tilly. I'm Allison, it's nice to meet you." I say back.

A couple minutes after the trampoline was moved and a little bit of chatter, we were set up inside and ready to get to work.
"Kyle?" My dad looks up to the voice that had spoken. It was Max.
"Do you mind if Allison hangs out with us today?" He asks.
I look at my dad with a pleading smile.
"No problem."
"Thanks." I say whisper so only my dad could hear, "Shout if you need any help.
I hug my dad and stand up, following Max to the sunroom to sit with his brother.