Problemo

oh gosh sorry for the long wait!
and im too tired to edit it, so watch out for typos and bad writing .-.

"It's not a zombie, Stephen, just shut up already."

"You shut up!"

It was cold. I was busy fighting off a mean mosquito as Stephen and Dan argued.

By now, with the little child asleep, all of us are huddled outside of the trailer. Stephen and I had joined the other two outside less than a minute ago, and he wouldn't stop asking about the accident.

It was a little tiring with the way he kept on persisting on more details, but it's cool. I guess it was kind of entertaining watching Dan's self-control wear away every time Stephen opened his mouth.

At least it was good distraction from the crash.

The green boy looked dead by now. His eye was twitching uncontrollably as the psychopath stumbled in circles around the trailer, talking on, inspecting the accident each time.

I personally willed myself not to even glance that way, in fear of either throwing up or bursting in tears.

All I knew was that the animal we crashed into was a deer, and I already felt a heavy clench of guilt building up in my stomach.

It was literally just a poor innocent deer. It could've been a mother or something, for all anyone knows, and now, its babies would never see their mother again.

A literal innocent deer.

The guilt in my stomach was getting stronger and stronger.

I shivered in my pyjamas, wishing I could go back in time and somehow undo the crash. Maybe I could've broken up the fight between Jay and Stephen when I first heard them yelling. Then maybe none of this would've happened.

It felt like a large lump of clay was stuck in my throat. My eyelids drooped lower.

"What do you even do when you crash in a deer?" Dan started questioning tiredly. "Do you call 911 or something? The cops? How many years do you think we'll end up in jail?"

The purple boy joined in on the conversation again after circling the trailer one last time. "We could just get the deer out of the way and drive on...?"

Jay grins. "A hit and run, huh. That's perfect."

"No, we're not doing that." Dan sighs, reading my mind.

Both of the two boys' faces visibly sullen.

After that answer, Stephen lets out an indifferent hum and leans back, as if bored. "Can I go back inside then? It's cold and Stephen needs slép."

Jay shrugged, still holding onto his Tim Hortons with both hands and sipping slowly. "Sure, it doesn't really matter. No one really wants you here anyway."

"Yeah okay screw you Jay." The other spluttered in a heartbeat. "Hope you get eaten first."

With that, he walked to the open door of the trailer and shut the sliding door behind him loudly, like an angsty teen hiding in their room after a fight. Which kind of fit perfectly.

Dan turned to me. "You can go sleep too, if you want. Jay and I can handle it."

"How do you even handle it? Drag its body into the woods?"

I paled at Jay's rhetorical question. The guilt was biting through my stomach even more furiously now.

"Uh, okay, I guess." I replied to  Dan's offer, swallowing heavily.