Part 27 - Who's ready?

On August 8th, the Academy had a Summer break and most students travel back to their home and a few stayed in their dorms.

"(name)-chan? Hisako is testing her curry, so aren't going to test your curry too? Or maybe you want to go somewhere??", Erina eagerly stated with a curious smile. (name) thought to herself, "I wanna go to Thailand... but I don't have any money.... Plus, if I do go..... I might get lost".

Erina tilted her head in confusion, "why would you want to visit Thailand?".

"research purposes", she smiled at her.

He looked at the younger girl before nodding to herself, "I'll tell oji-sama to let you visit.... You must travel once in a while", she grinned before running over to somewhere else after putting down her manga.

"Tsubasa, have you traveled before?", she asked as she let her feet swing while lying on the bed. He thought for a while before shrugging, "maybe once". "where to??", she looked up at him with a bright grin. He then held up his index finger to his lips, indicating a secret, "classified".

She puffed her cheeks, "no fair, I wanna know how it was since you've traveled before".

He chuckled lightly when suddenly his face was filled with solemn, "I'd rather not tell you".

✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎

After 3 weeks of staying in Thailand, (name) finally went back to Tokyo with Tsubasa by her side.

"how was it?", Erina looked at her curiously, "you're not hurt anywhere are you?", she checked her arm, her face, making the said girl giggle, "Eri-nee-chan~ it was fun! Here I bought some souvenirs for you", she gave Erina a Thai Hand Carved Soap. Her eyes were really curious, "what is this?".

"oh! And I got us these", she ushered Tsubasa to bring out the Thai Silk dresses, the colour purple for Erina, red for Alice, light purple for Hisako and (f/c) for herself

Her jaw dropped, "these are amazing"

"I know right, fortunately the seller likes me so she gave us a lot of discounts", she grinned widely before looking at her watch, "oh my, I'm royally late, we should head to Chandra's Hall", she turned her head to look at Tsubasa as he nodded his head and dashed with the girl.

Upon her arrival, thankfully it hasn't started yet, so she was able to catch up with her friends. "everyone, welcome back", (name) greeted with her usual bright smile with eye-smile. "(name)-chan", they grinned back.

"you smell different", Sakaki tilted her head.

She nodded her head, "you can tell, hunh?".

"of course, our (name)cchi always have a unique distinct smell, that only you can give", Yoshino hugged her from behind.

"Yukihira, I can smell spices from your finger, you must've researched well", a deep voice was heard next to Yukihira who was seen simply staring at (name). "of course! I made sure to beat you with it", he proudly scoffed.

Hayama then walked over to (name), "how was your research?", he asked while playing strands of her hair. Yoshino, sensing the romantic-ness oozing from Hayama, quickly retreated back to Sakaki's side.

"it was fun! Remind me to compensate you since I borrowed.....and somehow cannot return your spice.... Okay?", she stared up at him. "You don't have to compensate but we can just meet up at times besides... I'm gonna need to talk about the spice you mixed in Jun's place weeks ago..... I haven't had time to talk to you", he shrugged his shoulder before giving her one cinnamon stick as he left, since it was getting crowded.

Takumi then pointed an accusing finger, like he always did, to Yukihira, "Yukihira Soma, I have come to annihilate you". "what a way to say, Takumi", (name) intervened, her voice soothing like music in his ears, making the boy jolted and blushed.

"moreover..... who's the guy beside you?", Yukihira tilted his head in confusion.

"that's Isami though", (name) said to herself.

"yea, (nickname-) ehem, (name)-ch-chan is right, this is my brother", Takumi replied awkwardly, stealing glances of (name) who was standing next to Yukihira, much to his dismay. Isami then explained about his weight lost since he always lose weight during summer, and gained it back in the middle of Autumn and winter, before patting (name)'s head, teasing his brother while he's at it.

"Isami!", he yelled, as he then quickly tried to compose himself and pointed an accusing finger at Yukihira, "YukihirAA!!", he screamed as the light went off, revealing the director.

The director explains here and there about the said Chandra Hall and its use, he also talked about the final that will take place there, and since there are about 60 students, 30 students will be in Hall A and the other 30 students will be in hall B, the top 4 students in each hall, will get into the next round, he also added that to those who received 100 mark in the preliminaries will go straight to finals.

"good luck everyone!", Urara flirtatiously winked to the crowds.

[Miru's note:~ so which hall do you think reader-chan will end up at??]