Chapter 17:

Sorry for the late update!!!

-bldysketcher

________________________________________________________________________________

Around three months later, I was woken up by Leah and a maid who we had become friends with named Diana. Her hair was long and blonde and her eyes were green, and she wore a maids uniform.

"Wake up princess! It's wedding day!" Diana said. I did not want to get up, since I was so excited the night before that I didn't get any sleep that night. Leah sprayed water at me and that woke me up instantly. I shot up in bed and then glowed my eyes at her and hissed at her. She stood back but then started laughing at me. I calmed down and then got up out of bed. Leah and Diana as well as a few other maids helped me get ready for the wedding. Everything was being prepared by the guards and staff of the castle. I wore my mother's obsidian necklace that was decorated with gems. Leah helped me put my dress on.

A simple white gown with pieces of silk and fabric that flowed off of the shoulders and the back almost like a cape. The sweetheart neckline was laced in diamonds and black jewels as well as the waistline that was also studded. The gown had an eight foot train that was decorated with all sorts of white and black sequences and flowers that dragged with it. Diana did my hair and makeup.

My hair was put half up and was curled and then made to look natural. My favorite part about my whole hairstyle, was the diamond beads and other pins that were put in my hair. The final piece was the veil. It was flawless and was made of teul and was hemmed in black lace. Leah got ready for the wedding while Diana finished my natural glowing makeup. I smiled as Diana walked me over to the mirror. I covered my mouth and cried in happiness. I then looked at all of the scars and the "WC" scar in my collar bone. I decided to brush off the memories and then looked over at Diana and smiled. I hugged her and she wrapped her arms around my back.

"You look beautiful, your highness." Diana said. I smiled at her and she bowed to me. Leah came over to me and smiled. I saw tears in her eyes. She hugged me and then I heard a knock on the door. Leah went to the door and then opened it slightly. I heard Luka's voice come from the door.

"Is she ready?" Luka asked. Leah smiled and then looked over at me to see if I was ready for the ceremony. I nodded and then Leah let Luka come in to see me. As soon as he saw me, he started crying.

"No... you can't cry! I'm going to cry now..." I said with tears in my eyes.

"You look just like mom, I thought you were her ghost for a moment." He told me. I smiled at him and he brushed the loose hair around my face behind my ear. "You look beautiful, Riverlyn." Luka said to me. He saw my scar, but then looked back up at me and smiled. Luka held out his arm to me. "Your king awaits, your highness." I gladly took his arm and he brought me down the hall and to the chapel.

As the doors to the chapel opened, I started crying in happiness. My entire kingdom was there... all of Leven was there except for the ones that tortured me in vain. I looked down the aisle and the love of my life stood there with his uniform on. He had his hair done very nicely and for once he didn't look like he had just killed an entire country. Luka brought me down the aisle and all the way to Kovit who was looking at me with the look that made me so happy. The one that told me how much he loved me no matter what has happened to me. The crowd complimented my beauty until I met with Kovit and joined hands with him.

The ceremony was amazing. The entire place was decorated with black, white and purple decorations. I smiled as Kovit and I looked in each other's eyes. Most people sighed in happiness for me and Kovit. Kai and Ronan stood on the right side of Kovit and Leah and Diana stood on the left side of me. Everything that the priest said was drowned out by the love that radiated between Kovit and I and everyone could see it. After our vows, the silence broke as the priest's words came out of his mouth.

"I now pronounce this couple, Kovit, King of the Northern Kingdom and her royal highness, Princess Riverlyn of Leven, as husband and wife." The priest said before smiling and looking at Kovit. "Your majesty, you may kiss your bride." Kovit grabbed my waist and put his other hand behind my neck and pulled me towards him before kissing me. I kissed him and put my arms around his neck. The crowd cheered and clapped for us. Kovit picked me up and walked me back down the aisle. When the door closed behind us, he kissed me again. After about an hour, we headed to the reception.

The guard announced us as we walked into the ballroom. I held Kovit's hand as we walked down the steps and the people cleared a circle for us. People from both of our kingdoms came up and congratulated us. I was so happy and gave us small little gifts. I turned to Kovit and showed him the bracelet that a little girl had made me out of vines and flower petals. That was when I felt a hand on my shoulder and I jumped and then turned around to see James, my guard at Leven's castle.

"Oh my gosh... James..." I said before he smiled at me and I hugged him. Kovit looked happy. "Why are you here? How did you leave the castle?" I asked him. He looked over at Kovit and smirked.

"I'm here to congratulate you of course! Kovit invited me personally. I couldn't say no to the opportunity to see the girl I grew up with get married." I smiled brightly. "I think this is the first time I've ever seen you smile so brightly." He smiled and hugged me again. I held Kovit's hand and looked up at him.

"Thank you." I told him. He smiled down at me and I hugged him. The ball went on for the rest of the night. For the first time in ages, I realized how much my people really appreciated me and wished for me to end the reign of the King of Leven so that Luka or I would take his place. It made me feel wanted.