A Star In The Sky

"Y/N, time to get up.". I hear my mom call my name from the side of my bed, gently rubbing my back to ease my out of my dreams. "Nooo five more minutes.". I groan and start to open my eyes. "Come on N/N, it's your first day at your new school, you dont want to be late right?!" She says with enthusiasm in her voice. I totally forgot about today! "Ok, ok I'll get up." I say, still trying to get myself out of sleep mode. "Alright N/N breakfasts ready, I wouldnt want it to get cold.". The warm sent of homemade waffles enters my nose and fills my lungs. Making me more hungry than ever.

I groan once again and make my way to my dresser. I put on my F/C shirt over some blue mom Jean's, and I brush out my H/C hair.  I grab my phone and put it in my pocket. I put it in a quick bun and head downstairs to eat. I find my mom making herself a waffle and I sit down at the island. I scarf down my waffles and quickly thank my mom. I kiss her good bye, grab my F/C backpack and run out the door. I'm so excited to meet some new people and hopefully meet some new friends.

I check the clock on my phone and it reads '8:25 am'. "Crap! I'm almost late on the first day of school!". I think to myself as I start running towards the Françoise Dupont Highschool. I look behind me, trying to see if I remembered my guitar for the lessons after school today when I hit something or someone hard. I fall down on the ground, my backpack and papers fell everywhere. I rub my head and look in front of me to see a boy with black hair and blue dyed tips on the ground aswell. His papers and guitar were scattered everywhere.

"Ow..", we say in unison. I rub my head again and studder, "O-omg, I-I'm so sorry, I just didn't see y-you and.." I get cut off by a soothing voice, "Hey, it's okay. Things happen, I probably should've been watching more carefully.". He looks up and a slight blush forms on my cheeks. I start to scramble and pick up his and I's papers, he notices my actions and starts to help aswell.

I pick up a paper with music notes and lyrics, it looked like an original song too. "You write?", I ask him, passing the paper back. "Yeah, just working on a new song.". I give him some papers and reach for the guitar, coincidentally, he does aswell. His hand placed on mine, I look up and see he had a slight blush on his cheeks. He takes his hand back and rubs his neck, "Sorry haha", I pick up the guitar and pass it to him. "I-its okay, it is your guitar." I reply with a nervous giggle.

He gets up off the ground and waves me goodbye, I watch him leave when I get cut out of my thoughts by a soul crushing sound. The school bell, I was late! I snap out of my thoughts and run to the school. I grab my schedule from my bag. I have Mrs. Bustier. Room 24. I race through the halls and find my room.

I take a deep breath before committing myself to push the doors open, ready to embrace the new people I will call, "my classmates"...

Authors note,
Hey guys, Sorry it took so long for this chapter, I've been really busy with covid rn. I am hoping to get faster at posting too, so stay tuned for some more of this story!