A Good Nights Rest

"Ugh, I dont get it!". I defeatedly say to Luka, whose looking over to my page to see what question I'm on. "Okay, let me see. The questions is, 'why does osmosis cause an animal cell to burst when it is  placed in a fresh water environment.' Its a multiple choice question so it has to be either,

A) osmosis leads to water moving into the cell
B) osmosis leads to water moving out of the cell
C) osmosis leads to solutes moving into the cell
D) osmosis leads to solutes moving out of the cell".

He looks through my book a little when he asks me, "what part dont you get?". I put my head back from frustration and sigh. "I dont know what osmosis is. I completely forgot and I cant find a simple explanation anywhere in this dumb book!". I let out a sigh of frustration and put my head in my hands.

I feel a warm hand rubbing my back, I look up to see Lukas gorgeous eyes glissiming into mine. "Its okay, I didnt understand it a lot from this book either, it's very.... wordy." He chuckles. "Osmosis is basically, a part of the cell that transfers water into a concentration that is higher of solutes.".

"Oooooh, so then its A) right?". I ask him, a little more at ease now that Luka had cleared that up. "Bingo!". He winks and snaps into a pointer at me. I laugh a little and write down the answer in my note book.

A few hours past and I look at my phone time. Its '9:45'. , I close my book up, yawn, and stretch. "I think I should head back home now, its quarter to 10.". Luka nods in agreement and packs up his books.

"May I walk you home? It's getting dark and I dont want you to get lost.". He asks politely. "I mean if you want haha, I'm not going to force you! But it means a lot that you think of me, thanks!".

"I just want to make sure a beautiful girl like you doesnt get lost, you should always be safe in my eyes.." Luka mumbles. "Pardon? I didnt catch that sorry, what did you say?". I ask him confused, I didnt hear what he had said.

Luka jumps a little but quickly replies, "nothing, sorry!". I shake it off and grab my bag to head out and walk back home.

"Where is your house?" Luka asks me. "Its just about two blocks away, not far.". I reply with a smile.

We make it to the front of my house, I  thank Luka and begin to turn around for the door when Luka taps my arm for a second.

"Yeah Luka?", I ask. "Have a good night Y/N. Sleep great, and I'll see you in class the next morning!" He grabs my hand gently and kisses it.

He walks off and waves good bye.
I can tell I'm going to dream about him tonight, if only he had kissed me on my cheek, or maybe, ha.. no that wont happen, I can only dream..

Authors note

Hey guys! Sorry this chapter was a little shorter than usual but I'm thinking of writing every night before I sleep so you should get an update every night by 11 30 PM, EST. Thanks for still reading my fan fic and I'll see you all in the next chapter!